No more whitelist

Suggestions and discussion of future versions
markybob
Compulsive Poster
Compulsive Poster

No more whitelist

Post by markybob »

The proxy server used by the internal browser no longer uses a whitelist. You're totally free to go anywhere you want and not worry about your ISP or any other "spies". This is more or less a last ditch effort to be able to afford the server. If you wanna keep it, please support us via the ads and spread the word :) Also, we're now accepting donations (link on the download site). The future of this service really is in your hands now.
Thanks all!
lostincyberspace
Leecher
Leecher

Re: No more whitelist

Post by lostincyberspace »

Please just click on the adds people they open up in the bottom and don't bother you. and it gives the deluge team money which they really need.
loki

Post by loki »

I would just rather not have an anonymizing browser.
markybob
Compulsive Poster
Compulsive Poster

Post by markybob »

loki wrote:I would just rather not have an anonymizing browser.
considering that you can turn it off or simply not use it, as well as it being a plugin in the next release, i take offense to you being so negative. regardless of what you may think, deluge is not all about you. plenty of users want this and use it. if you dont, then fine. *it's not like it's hurting you*, so grow up. i'm getting tired of the bitching and whining. last i checked, this is my program. i've spent thousands of hours so you could have a good, free program which you obviously use and you just bitch and complain. i only wish i could do the same to you at your job
kbrazis

Post by kbrazis »

Please people, just click on the adds, this is such a wonderful program and can help so many people. Let us try to keep it alive :) As Markybob said: It is in our hands now.
lostincyberspace
Leecher
Leecher

Post by lostincyberspace »

People just click on one or two a day it will do loads to help them I don't use it but I support it for those who do use it.
loki

Post by loki »

I just think it's wrong to even include something in a free program that displays ads, especially as a way to raise money.

I can see getting your money back though... since I guess it was out of pocket.
markybob
Compulsive Poster
Compulsive Poster

Post by markybob »

loki wrote:I just think it's wrong to even include something in a free program that displays ads, especially as a way to raise money.

I can see getting your money back though... since I guess it was out of pocket.
oh, reallly? how do you suppose we pay for the server? think if i ask rackspace really nicely, they'll credit me $800/month? or better yet, why dont i just make deluge closed-source, and force people to pay to download it? would you like that better? you're incredibly ignorant and i'm getting very tired of your antics. if you dont like it, just go away. no one is forcing you
loki

Post by loki »

I actually like this program very much, I won't use the browser... theres a lot of open source/free programs out there that don't ask for anything or display ads on their site for that matter.
markybob
Compulsive Poster
Compulsive Poster

Post by markybob »

loki wrote:I actually like this program very much, I won't use the browser... theres a lot of open source/free programs out there that don't ask for anything or display ads on their site for that matter.
it's called corporate sponsors, so look around and get a clue. the main developer of gaim? works for google. nvu? sponsored by linspire. linux? sponsored by ibm, red hat, and a million other companies. firefox? sponsored by mozilla corp. gnome? sponsored by novell. i could go on and on. deluge has no corporate sponsor, as our faq states. you just wanna take all day long without considering that someone has to give on the other end. you're a selfish prick, if you ask me.