Auto Redownloading Torrents when File Moved

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
WingWip23
New User
New User

Auto Redownloading Torrents when File Moved

Post by WingWip23 »

I just realized that when I moved files in the folder system outside of deluge, deluge just instantly redownloaded them, instead of putting them in an error state as I was expecting. I'm using the binhex docker of deluge 2.1.1 on an Unraid server.

I've found several quite old thread about this, in one of which @mhertz says that for him the torrents ARE properly moved to error status instead of just redownloading. @mhertz suggests it's an autoadd plugin issue, and I do have autoadd enabled, but I am moving all autoadded torrents to a new folder and deleting them from the folder that autoadd scans.
viewtopic.php?p=235909&hilit=redownloading#p235909
viewtopic.php?p=142451&hilit=redownload ... le#p142451
viewtopic.php?t=43775

As well as this ticket which says the issue should have been fixed 8 years ago: https://dev.deluge-torrent.org/ticket/1032

Is there something I can change in my setup to get this missing file > error state (not redownload) functionality? Thanks so much in advance for your help!
mhertz

Re: Auto Redownloading Torrents when File Moved

Post by mhertz »

I haven't checked binhex's deluge in a VM yet, but just wondering if it happens upon a (re-)start of deluged specifically? I ask because know that binhex adds some scripting which upon startup checks for torrents in error state and recheck any found through deluge-console, meaning re-download of missing files will happen then. Granted been broken for years(didn't check error'ed torrents anyway), but was fixed like 6 month ago I believe, or so. Just a thought.

Nice homework you did there BTW :)

Edit: If above correct, and if wanted, then I'll post you instructions later for how to disable this. It's just from a terminal to 'exec' into the docker image, and comment out the code for doing this 'recheck', but I'll wait for your reply as said.
mhertz

Re: Auto Redownloading Torrents when File Moved

Post by mhertz »

Irregardless, and also just for completeness, then if wanting disable this "binhex-feature" of rechecking any found torrents in error-state upon starttup, which clears error-state and redownloads missing files automatically(and also adds a slight startup delay of like 2 secs extra or so, irregardless of having any error-state torrents or not, and which all commands does in deluge-console v2.x, and I haven't looked into why yet), then following command-line can be run in a terminal to disable such behaviour(probably don't need 'sudo', but I lazilly haden't setup docker propperly in my VM, hence needed there):

Code: Select all

sudo docker exec deluge sed -i 's|/h|#/h|' /home/nobody/deluge.sh
Revert::

Code: Select all

sudo docker exec deluge sed -i 's|#/h|/h|' /home/nobody/deluge.sh