[Plugin] YaRSS2 - RSS plugin with GTKUI support

Suggest, post, or discuss plugins for Deluge
Ironclad17
New User
New User
Posts: 2
Joined: Sun Jul 07, 2019 11:30 pm

Re: [Plugin] YaRSS2 - RSS plugin with GTKUI support

Postby Ironclad17 » Mon Jul 08, 2019 12:14 am

On Windows 10, thought I'd try moving to version 2.0.3. Has anyone been able to build yarss2 in python 3.6 from the repo?

bro
Top Bloke
Top Bloke
Posts: 359
Joined: Sun Aug 28, 2011 6:46 pm
Location: Norway

Re: [Plugin] YaRSS2 - RSS plugin with GTKUI support

Postby bro » Fri Oct 04, 2019 5:28 pm

Ironclad17 wrote:On Windows 10, thought I'd try moving to version 2.0.3. Has anyone been able to build yarss2 in python 3.6 from the repo?

Deluge v2 is not yet available on Windows due to packaging issues.
When reporting issues, please include any relevant information such as OS (and version), python version (for Windows users this depends on which Deluge installer was used), Deluge version and plugin version.

bro
Top Bloke
Top Bloke
Posts: 359
Joined: Sun Aug 28, 2011 6:46 pm
Location: Norway

Re: [Plugin] YaRSS2 - RSS plugin with GTKUI support

Postby bro » Fri Oct 04, 2019 5:30 pm

Hi guys

I've implemented YaRSS v2 which supports the new Deluge v2. Due to GTK3+ as well as python 3 support, quite a lot of changes were required, but I hope it works as well as the previous version.

Download YaRSS2-2.0.0-py3.6.egg at https://bitbucket.org/bendikro/deluge-y ... downloads/
When reporting issues, please include any relevant information such as OS (and version), python version (for Windows users this depends on which Deluge installer was used), Deluge version and plugin version.

mhertz
Compulsive Poster
Compulsive Poster
Posts: 828
Joined: Wed Jan 22, 2014 5:05 am
Location: Denmark

Re: [Plugin] YaRSS2 - RSS plugin with GTKUI support

Postby mhertz » Fri Oct 04, 2019 9:54 pm

Ironclad17 wrote:On Windows 10, thought I'd try moving to version 2.0.3. Has anyone been able to build yarss2 in python 3.6 from the repo?

I just tested very briefly bro's new updated plugin posted above, and it seems to work on Deluge2 for Windows using Cas's manual install instructions, or my installer. Atleast the plugin shows up, can be enabled and opens another preferences menu accordingly, so it seems like it's working now. Sorry for not more in-depth testing, as have never used this plugin myself, or any RSS downloader as matter of fact, so would have to first look up subscriptions and whatnot for that.

@bro, thank you very much for your work and continued efforts, much appreciated by the whole comunity i'm certain! :) Btw, now when you're back in the development, then if you sometime later on have time/motivation to possibly look into the much requested "smart episode filtering" feature-request of many(i.e. not downloadig same episode twise, or more times and only one time). Thanks again regardless! :)

This is finally beginning to look pretty good for Deluge2 now with this addition imho :) Now if just labelplus could be updated, then with ltconfig and now this also, would be a stepping-stone for many i'm sure to finally make the switch.

jjluge
New User
New User
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon Oct 07, 2019 5:22 am

Re: [Plugin] YaRSS2 - RSS plugin with GTKUI support

Postby jjluge » Mon Oct 07, 2019 5:47 am

I went through the pain of registering on this forum to ask for a feature request.
It would be nice to make it more obvious that adding a subscription also downloads the current matches.
I expected it wouldn't as most RSS readers don't, but after adding and enabling a new subscription the matches were added. Was this intended behavior? is there a way to disable it?

Thanks for the new development work and +1 to smart episode filtering.

galneon
Member
Member
Posts: 31
Joined: Mon May 18, 2015 3:24 pm

Re: [Plugin] YaRSS2 - RSS plugin with GTKUI support

Postby galneon » Mon Oct 07, 2019 5:51 am

I appreciate the new development work, too, and will be curious to see if those affected by the random thinclient disconnects problem associated with this plugin on 1.3.15, like me, will see it go away under the 2.0.x version (and for all I know, Deluge 1.3.x is at fault rather than the plugin).

bro
Top Bloke
Top Bloke
Posts: 359
Joined: Sun Aug 28, 2011 6:46 pm
Location: Norway

Re: [Plugin] YaRSS2 - RSS plugin with GTKUI support

Postby bro » Tue Oct 08, 2019 8:03 pm

jjluge wrote:I went through the pain of registering on this forum to ask for a feature request.
It would be nice to make it more obvious that adding a subscription also downloads the current matches.
I expected it wouldn't as most RSS readers don't, but after adding and enabling a new subscription the matches were added. Was this intended behavior? is there a way to disable it?

Thanks for the new development work and +1 to smart episode filtering.


Adding the current matches are by design. The only way to disable it is to manually set the last matching timestamp to now by clicking the button.
When reporting issues, please include any relevant information such as OS (and version), python version (for Windows users this depends on which Deluge installer was used), Deluge version and plugin version.

jjluge
New User
New User
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon Oct 07, 2019 5:22 am

Re: [Plugin] YaRSS2 - RSS plugin with GTKUI support

Postby jjluge » Wed Oct 09, 2019 8:34 pm

bro wrote:
jjluge wrote:I went through the pain of registering on this forum to ask for a feature request.
It would be nice to make it more obvious that adding a subscription also downloads the current matches.
I expected it wouldn't as most RSS readers don't, but after adding and enabling a new subscription the matches were added. Was this intended behavior? is there a way to disable it?

Thanks for the new development work and +1 to smart episode filtering.


Adding the current matches are by design. The only way to disable it is to manually set the last matching timestamp to now by clicking the button.


Thanks, I will use the timestamp trick in the future.

BinaryData
New User
New User
Posts: 8
Joined: Mon Aug 01, 2016 10:32 pm

Re: [Plugin] YaRSS2 - RSS plugin with GTKUI support

Postby BinaryData » Fri Nov 08, 2019 6:26 pm

I had this working, then this stupid plugin booster was found installed. Now it won't work. I never added booster, and my deluge clients aren't open to the world. So I'd like to know HTF this got onto my systems.

Deluge 1.3.15
Ubuntu 18.04.x

banbutcher
New User
New User
Posts: 3
Joined: Fri Nov 15, 2019 4:20 am

Re: [Plugin] YaRSS2 - RSS plugin with GTKUI support

Postby banbutcher » Fri Nov 15, 2019 4:40 am

Nilysg wrote:I am having the same issues as Mathias - as in getting hit by a SSL Auth error.

Setup:
osx
Deluge v.1.3.12
YaRSS v. 1.4.1

YaRSS2 works flawlessly on non SSL feeds.

Let me know if i can provide futher information to make the debugging easier:-)

/Nilysg



ive been searching without luck to a solution for this, has anyone else found one?

ive tried to manually put the cookies with no luck either

error is: <urlopen error [SSL: CERTIFICATE_VERIFY_FAILED] certificate verify failed (_ssl.c:590)>

im using osx (Catalina), deluge: v1.3.15, YaRSS v1.4.3
Last edited by banbutcher on Sun Nov 17, 2019 9:44 am, edited 1 time in total.


Return to “Plugins”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest