[Plugin] YaRSS2 - RSS plugin with GTKUI support

Suggest, post, or discuss plugins for Deluge
tripps
New User
New User

Re: [Plugin] YaRSS2 - RSS plugin with GTKUI support

Post by tripps »

bro wrote:@mazungu

I've fixed and tested the email functionality, and it seems to work ;-) Try the attached egg.

Thanks for reporting the bug by the way ;-)
It worked! Thank you.
bro
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Post by bro »

tripps wrote:
bro wrote:@mazungu

I've fixed and tested the email functionality, and it seems to work ;-) Try the attached egg.

Thanks for reporting the bug by the way ;-)
It worked! Thank you.
Great. You confused me a bit with your edits, but I guess you found the answer in the end ;-)

You should grab the 1.1.3 version from the download page: https://github.com/bendikro/deluge-yars ... /downloads
It fixes a bug with the paused checkbox in the subscription dialog not being displayed.

Also, one more thing to notice. The checkbox ("On torrent added") in the list of notifications in the subscription dialog is currently not working, so it doesn't really matter if it's ticked or not (emails are sent anyways). When this is fixed in the next version, it will not send emails unless this box is ticked. The current default value (in 1.1.3) is unticked (stupid really), so make sure to have this checkbox ticked for the emails to be sent in the next version (1.1.4).
When reporting issues, please include any relevant information such as OS (and version), python version (for Windows users this depends on which Deluge installer was used), Deluge version and plugin version.
tripps
New User
New User

Post by tripps »

Since I don't want email sent when a torrent is added, can I just stay with the beta you sent to me? I only want an email when the torrent has finished downloading. One more small thing I have found.... When I look in the message log it says "Retrived 10 items. 10 matches the filter." It should be spelled "Retrieved 10 items. 10 matches the filter." It's small and unimportant for functionality, but I thought you might like to know.
bro
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Post by bro »

tripps wrote:Since I don't want email sent when a torrent is added, can I just stay with the beta you sent to me? I only want an email when the torrent has finished downloading. One more small thing I have found.... When I look in the message log it says "Retrived 10 items. 10 matches the filter." It should be spelled "Retrieved 10 items. 10 matches the filter." It's small and unimportant for functionality, but I thought you might like to know.
It's not possible to set up email notification on torrent finished downloading in YaRSS2 (yet, though I'll try to implement it), only for when the torrent is added. There is no change in the functionality in the last 1.1.3 attached to the previous post, and the version on the download page. The only difference is that the "Add torrents in the paused state" checkbox wasn't displayed in the beta, so you couldn't change the setting.

I'll fix the typo, thanks ;-)
When reporting issues, please include any relevant information such as OS (and version), python version (for Windows users this depends on which Deluge installer was used), Deluge version and plugin version.
claptrap

Post by claptrap »

Hello, and thanks for creating this RSS feed plugin! That said, I am having a bit of trouble getting it working.

I'm using Deluge 1.3.5 on Windows, and I have installed the YaRSS2 1.1.3, 2.6 egg plugin. I've got a feed added, and I believe that it is connecting, as it now shows a 'Last Update' timestamp in the RSS Feeds tab.

The problem is, I have added a Subscription, but cannot get any torrents to show or download. I've tried typing .* into the included field, and saved it that way, but there don't seem to be results. I've disabled/reenabled the plugin and deleted and readded both the feed and the subscription as well. I am not sure what I am doing wrong at this point. Any ideas?
gqsmooth
New User
New User

Post by gqsmooth »

bro wrote:
applejuicekiss wrote:
i have one question. i make use of the global deluge setting "move completed folder", so that every completed torrent is moved to a different dirrectory. deluge then has an annoyance where it won't check that second dirrectory if adding a duplicate torrent and will start downloading again from scratch rather than resuming seeding. not a big deal, but i wonder if yarss2 will repeatedly download the same torrent since the downloaded file is no longer in the download directory? perhaps the "last update timestamp" that was mentioned previously takes care of that? anyway, when i have a chance i will play with the per-subscripton "move completed" option, which i think could be more usefull for organizing tv shows.
You guessed correctly. Each torrent on every RSS feed has a timestamp, so whenever a subscription matches, it will set the "last update" field. Later matches must have timestamp that is newer, so if you delete a torrent from deluge, YaRSS2 will not redownload the torrent. The only way to make YaRSS2 redownload is to right click the subscription and click the "Run this subscription" popup menu.
Maybe adding a menu item for reseting the timestamp would be useful?
Hey Bro. So after all of the troubles I've had in getting it installed correctly, it seems my site's admins are lazy and don't want to add the pubDate tag in the feed. Simple, I know, but if it doesn't affect them....Anyways, under my subscriptions Published column, it says not available for any subscription. This is causing every torrent in my subscription to redownload everytime if checks the feed (15mins). However, even if I manually set the "last seen" under options, it still re-downloads everything again the next time it checks. I tried the Yahoo Pipes workaround but no items were fetched when I tested the feed so I don't think pipes can access it. Any ideas?
bro
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Post by bro »

claptrap wrote:Hello, and thanks for creating this RSS feed plugin! That said, I am having a bit of trouble getting it working.

I'm using Deluge 1.3.5 on Windows, and I have installed the YaRSS2 1.1.3, 2.6 egg plugin. I've got a feed added, and I believe that it is connecting, as it now shows a 'Last Update' timestamp in the RSS Feeds tab.

The problem is, I have added a Subscription, but cannot get any torrents to show or download. I've tried typing .* into the included field, and saved it that way, but there don't seem to be results. I've disabled/reenabled the plugin and deleted and readded both the feed and the subscription as well. I am not sure what I am doing wrong at this point. Any ideas?
When editing the subscription, are there any torrents in the list? The Matching panel should be filled with all the torrents currently available in the RSS feed. If there are no torrents there, it's either a a faulty url (unlikely, but possible) missing cookies, or a bug causing it to fail downloading/parsing the feed.
bro
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Post by bro »

gqsmooth wrote:Hey Bro. So after all of the troubles I've had in getting it installed correctly, it seems my site's admins are lazy and don't want to add the pubDate tag in the feed. Simple, I know, but if it doesn't affect them....Anyways, under my subscriptions Published column, it says not available for any subscription. This is causing every torrent in my subscription to redownload everytime if checks the feed (15mins). However, even if I manually set the "last seen" under options, it still re-downloads everything again the next time it checks. I tried the Yahoo Pipes workaround but no items were fetched when I tested the feed so I don't think pipes can access it. Any ideas?
Hi

This is a limitation in yarss2 that can't be fixed without adding history by saving data about each downloaded torrent. But I don't understand how this can be a problem unless you remove the torrent from Deluge. When I test, Deluge won't add the same torrent twice, unless the torrent is removed from Deluge.
gqsmooth
New User
New User

Post by gqsmooth »

You're right, I am removing the torrent from deluge. But shouldn't the "Last Matched" timestamp prevent it? I would hate to have to have all the torrents sit in deluge forever....
bro
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Post by bro »

gqsmooth wrote:You're right, I am removing the torrent from deluge. But shouldn't the "Last Matched" timestamp prevent it? I would hate to have to have all the torrents sit in deluge forever....
When the last matched timestamp is available it will prevent the torrent from being added again, so this should only be a problem when the RSS Feed doesn't have proper timestamp for each item, and the torrent is removed from deluge while still being available in the Feed when YaRSS2 checks it again.