GTK client v1.3.1 "Add Torrents" dialog bug w/ *nix deluged?

Specific support for Deluge on Microsoft Windows OS
aguenter

GTK client v1.3.1 "Add Torrents" dialog bug w/ *nix deluged?

Post by aguenter »

Hello,

When connected to a 1.3.1 deluge daemon running on a remote Linux machine and adding a torrent from the 1.3.1 GTK client running in Windows, renaming directories within the said torrent's structure using the "Add Torrents" dialog will cause the incorrect directory separator to be used when creating the non-default file and directory structure. For instance, if the torrent's default top-level directory is "default-dirname" and has a file named "file-one.txt," and you rename "default-dirname" to "new-dirname" and add the torrent...then, no matter what you try, including manually removing the trailing backslash and appending a slash, you will end up with:

/path/to/downloading/torrents/new-dirname\file-one.txt

where "new-dirname\file-one.txt" is a file in the directory "/path/to/downloading/torrents/" instead of:

/path/to/downloading/torrents/new-dirname/file-one.txt

If you add the torrent with the default structure and then select the torrent and modify directory/file names in the bottom panel of deluge, it will create the new structure properly and move the files as expected.

I searched trac and the forum, and found no mention of this, though I admit am very surprised to be the only person to notice this if it is in fact a bug and not something I have misconfigured or a misconception on my part.

Thanks!
Cas
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Re: GTK client v1.3.1 "Add Torrents" dialog bug w/ *nix delu

Post by Cas »

It is likely to be related to #1582 but I think a new ticket would be useful.
negge

Post by negge »

I am glad to see that this was fixed in version 1.3.3. I have noticed it for quite some time but I never bothered to report it cause it felt like the problem was too hard to explain.
Winand
New User
New User

Post by Winand »

I had the same problem with Deluge 1.3.5 on my Windows machime + deluged 1.3.1 on Debian Lenny NAS (PPC). Now i've updated deluged to 1.3.3 backport, but nothing changed. I think that it's a client side error, cause backslash is ok on unix
P.S. had a lot of adventures while trying to update 1.3.1 to any newer version:) bricked my nas, disassembled, reinstalled os))
Winand
New User
New User

Post by Winand »

Ok. I used brute force and recompiled gtkui with hardcoded slash instead of native separator in addtorrentdialog.py

Code: Select all

# This was a simple folder rename without any splits, so just
# change the path for itr
self.files_treestore[itr][1] = new_text + '/' # os.path.sep
Ugly, but now i can use this program:)
I really think that deluge should think of server-side (deluged's) native separator instead of it's own
Winand
New User
New User

Post by Winand »

Seriously:) does anybody else have such a problem?
i think, a better way is to replace client's native separators after pressing Add button in dialog. But i don't know if it's possible to get native sep of deamon's machine.

Code: Select all

while row != None:
    torrent_id = self.torrent_liststore.get_value(row, 0)
    filename = self.torrent_liststore.get_value(row, 2).replace(os.path.sep, '/') #WA
Cas
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Post by Cas »

Create a ticket with detail on how to replicate and it will be looked into.

http://dev.deluge-torrent.org/wiki/Cont ... gReporting