[Plugin] FlexGet - RSS Solution (Deluge 1.1 and 1.2+)

Suggest, post, or discuss plugins for Deluge
hordak
Leecher
Leecher

Re: Deluge RSS plugin for FlexGet (works with 1.1 and 1.2)

Post by hordak »

Yay,

I got the deluge plugin to work with windows and flexget.

Installation Steps (some might be redundant).

1. Installed python-2.6.4.msi
2. Installed setuptools-0.6c11.win32-py2.6.exe
3. Installed pygobject-2.14.2-1.win32-py2.6.exe
4. install pyxdg-0.18.tar.gz
5. install pyOpenSSL-0.10-py2.6-win32.egg
6. Install pywin32-214.win32-py2.6.exe
7. install python2-chardet-2.0.1
8. Install FlexGet-1.0r1043-py2.6.egg
9. Move deluge egg file to c:\python26\lib\site-packages
10. Install deluge.1.2.2 from source tarball using instructions on site (May not be required)
11. Install Twisted-9.0.0.win32-py2.6.exe
12. Install python-chardet-2.0.1

I need to run Deluge without classic mode to get flexget to connect to the daemon.

I assume that I will not need to do this installation again for future releases of deluge.
gazpachoking

Post by gazpachoking »

hordak wrote:I assume that I will not need to do this installation again for future releases of deluge.
Nope you should be good to go from now on. I had totally forgotten all the crap I went through to get it working the first time, I've upgraded both Flexget and Deluge several times since then with no problems.
Cas
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Post by Cas »

Sorry I do not understand what you are trying to achieve because it is very simple to install FlexGet and Deluge. I very quickly tried on XP with success.

http://flexget.com/wiki/InstallWizard/Windows

Install Python 2.6
Install easy_install
Install flex-get
Install Deluge with windows installer

Note: To install flex_get egg from cmd prompt change to the directory where the flexget egg is located and run the command as follows:

Code: Select all

c:\Python26\Scripts\easy_install.exe FlexGet-1.0r1197-py2.6.egg
Flexget after install will be located here:

c:\Python26\Scripts\flexget.exe
nickeh

Post by nickeh »

Anyone else than me having problems with movedone? I have this line in my two feeds:

movedone: '/hdd/sdd/Download/TV/%(series_name)s/Season %(series_season)d/'
It works some times and other times it just leaves the download in my incoming folder.
hordak
Leecher
Leecher

Post by hordak »

Cas wrote:Sorry I do not understand what you are trying to achieve because it is very simple to install FlexGet and Deluge. I very quickly tried on XP with success.
Cas,

I never could get the deluge plugin in flexget to work (automatically download torrents directly to the deluge client through the daemon) prior to installing all of these dependencies into python. Since I went through a lot of trial and error, I hope that I listed everything that I did on my successful attempt. I am certain that most of my procedure is correct, since I posted here right after my first download.

I think that I forgot that I installed feedparser-4.1 right after I installed python 2.6.4 and setuptools (Which includes easy_install) in my instructions and listed the instruction for chardet twice (the last one is correct), since I was a little bit rushed when typing.

The reason why I installed deluge directly from the tarball was so that I could run C:\Python26\Lib\site-packages\deluge\ui\client.py to find out what dependencies I was still missing (Per the install directions for windows listed on the Flexget website for the Deluge Plugin).

If you do not install the dependencies into python listed in my post above, flexget will still work. Unfortunately, the deluge plugin in flexget will not.
Cas
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Post by Cas »

hordak wrote:If you do not install the dependencies into python listed in my post above, flexget will still work. Unfortunately, the deluge plugin in flexget will not.
Ok thanks I understand now, since I installed on Linux previously I missed the Flexget Deluge plugin note about windows.

The python command on this page to check dependencies is incorrect as it should be: from deluge.ui.client import client

After testing with the above import command these were the steps that seemed required:
  • 1. Copy C:\Program Files\Deluge\Deluge-Python\deluge-1.2.x-py2.6.egg to C:\Python26\Lib\site-packages
    2. Install from here, Twisted, pyOpenSSL & Zope (easy_install Zope egg)
    3. Download pyxdg, extract files then install using c:\Python26\python.exe setup.py install
    4. Install pyWin32
Should someone wants to update the Flexget wiki with these details that would be helpful

P.S. When posting replies please only quote relevant parts and not the whole post.
gazpachoking

Post by gazpachoking »

nickeh wrote:Anyone else than me having problems with movedone? I have this line in my two feeds:

movedone: '/hdd/sdd/Download/TV/%(series_name)s/Season %(series_season)d/'
It works some times and other times it just leaves the download in my incoming folder.
Is the setting in deluge getting set, and deluge isn't moving the file? Or is flexget not even setting the setting in deluge? If the latter, I believe this could have been a problem on older versions of flexget (same problem as some torrents not getting labeled,) but it should be fixed in all recent releases. What version are you running?
Zinom

Post by Zinom »

I have a problem with the cli-config plugin. It seems to be working good when using the variable by it self, like this:

flexget --cli-config "path=test"
path: $path
but when I want it to be inside a string I can't get it to work, for example:

path: /home/user/$path/series
.. the path becomes "/home/user/$path/series" instead of "/home/user/test/series".

Could somebody be as kind to explain to me how to fix this, would be much appreciated! :)

(I'm sorry if I this was a bit off topic, I could post it somewhere else if someone could point me in the right direction :oops: )
gazpachoking

Post by gazpachoking »

Zinom wrote: but when I want it to be inside a string I can't get it to work, for example:

path: /home/user/$path/series
I believe it isn't intended to work inside a string like that. You could however submit a feature request and somebody will probably get around to implementing it.
EDIT:
Also, I bet you could get this working now by creatively using the modify, and/or set plugin with string replacement.
Zinom

Post by Zinom »

gazpachoking wrote: I believe it isn't intended to work inside a string like that. You could however submit a feature request and somebody will probably get around to implementing it.
I created a ticket.
gazpachoking wrote: EDIT:
Also, I bet you could get this working now by creatively using the modify, and/or set plugin with string replacement.
I'll check that out, thanks.