Move finished downloads while keep seeding

Suggestions and discussion of future versions
risotto77
New User
New User

Move finished downloads while keep seeding

Post by risotto77 »

Is there a way to move a downloaded file and keep it seeding?

I am aware of the option in preferences to move completed downloads. Problem is that I do not want to have all the completed downloads in the same folder.

I have the following suggestions.

Make a more advanced way to store completed downloads, based on file types and media types. So flac files goes in one folder, vorbis goes in another folder, all videos in a folder, rest goes in a folder. For instance.

Option in Deluge to 'right-click, move file' on a completed dovnload. So users can move files individually.

Thanks
gazpachoking

Re: Move finished downloads while keep seeding

Post by gazpachoking »

risotto77 wrote: Option in Deluge to 'right-click, move file' on a completed download. So users can move files individually.
If you enable the Move Torrent plugin you can do exactly that.
risotto77
New User
New User

Post by risotto77 »

Thanks a lot

The plugin was not an option in the stock Gutsy package, Deluge 0.5.4.1. I installed the newer Deluge 0.5.6.2 from GetDeb and got the plugin.

I like Deluge
markybob
Compulsive Poster
Compulsive Poster

Post by markybob »

risotto77 wrote:Thanks a lot

The plugin was not an option in the stock Gutsy package, Deluge 0.5.4.1. I installed the newer Deluge 0.5.6.2 from GetDeb and got the plugin.

I like Deluge
forget getdeb. if you want to be sure that you're getting quality, use our own packages. getdeb does not do things the proper way (they openly admit to taking shortcuts). http://download.deluge-torrent.org
risotto77
New User
New User

Post by risotto77 »

forget getdeb. if you want to be sure that you're getting quality, use our own packages. getdeb does not do things the proper way (they openly admit to taking shortcuts). http://download.deluge-torrent.org
I like GetDeb. Thanks to them I have got a lot of programs not offered elsewere. I have had no bad experiences. The release speed and the lot of packages is impressive. I tend to look there first because most (or many) upstreamers (?not sure of the term) do not offer binaries in distro friendly format. Good to see Deluge offers such binaries.

There is a practical reason I actually prefer GetDeb over upstream debs on my ubuntu system. I like to update my os when a new release is ready. With Ubuntu that is every six months or so. When I do that I want a clean Ubuntu system for reducing risk of problems during the update. For me, using only GetDeb, and Ubuntu Official, is is easy to remove all the detdeb packages after doing a version search 'getdeb' in Synaptic. I am not aware of a easy way to find and remove all not-official ubuntu debs so for me it would be a lot of work removing those packages one by one.

If quality is an issue with GetDeb maybe upstream packagers could help them out. Could you send them biaries (or proper config files to compile? )? I am sure GetDeb would welcome any such help. And MeUser would welcome better quality in GetDebs debs. More upstream support for GetDeb would also release their resources and make it easier for them to expanding their pool of packes. So giving a even better service for the Ubuntu Desktop users.