Newbie to deluge - many problems unfortunatelly...

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
ChriZathens
New User
New User

Newbie to deluge - many problems unfortunatelly...

Post by ChriZathens »

Hi, there guys!
As stated in the topic title I'm a newbie to deluge.
I was using rtorrent + rutorrent till now, but due to a network card that was not found -ever- correctly in my installation (was ubuntu server 7.10 upgraded over time to 10.10) I decided to make a clean installation of 10.10 and install deluge which is much easier to install compared to rtorrent
So I did the installation, installed also the web gui and everything seems fine when I connect to the webgui and add torrents to download.
The thing that is not working there are the plugins. I wanted yarss. I installed via web and when I try to enable it nothing happens.
Don't care too much about it - decided to install deluge client for windows and manage the whole thing from my windows machine via the windows client.
BUT, for the love of God, I cannot connect to the deamon..
I installed the windows client and the GTK. Disabled classic mode in interface and the connection manager pops up.
I followed the instructions found in UserGuide/Authentication and now in the user's .config/deluge/auth (the same user deluge runs with) I have a new entry username:pass:10
I then enter the server's IP, leave the port as is and in username/pass I enter the same ones that exist in the auth file. But it won't find it :cry:
Could you please help me?
I have ubuntu server 10.10 64bit and deluge 1.3.1 installed using aptitude (after added the ppa repository).
Cas
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Re: Newbie to deluge - many problems unfortunatelly...

Post by Cas »

Please use some spacing and formatting when posting a question, makes it much easy to read then.
I wanted yarss. I installed via web and when I try to enable it nothing happens.
I know quite a few plugins cannot be configured through the webui.
I cannot connect to the deamon..
Can you connect locally to deluged with deluge-console and have you enabled debug logging?
ChriZathens
New User
New User

Post by ChriZathens »

Cas wrote:Please use some spacing and formatting when posting a question, makes it much easy to read then.
I'll keep that in mind.. Forgive me - my native language is not English - I try to do my best, though.. :oops:
I know quite a few plugins cannot be configured through the webui.
This one actually states that it is fully configurable via web ui. But it does not matter anyway; It successfully activates in the windows version but I cannot see how to use it. (But this is a question I already asked in the plugin's topic)
Can you connect locally to deluged with deluge-console and have you enabled debug logging?
I actually run deluge-console but it returned an error that it is not installed.
The instructions had nothing about installing it* - only running it and it would not run.
Anyways, I installed it with aptitude. I afterwards entered deluge-console but it returned an error that access was denied.. :?:
I tried with the password of the user who runs deluge. Even tried with root's password but still no luck.
Debug logging is not enabled...

* IMHO, creating a full how-to about deluge installation (also webui and how to connect from a different machine) would be really usefull
The fact that someone can use a tool like aptitude to install the latest version of deluge is a big plus (unlike e.g. rtorrent which I still don't know how I managed to get it working properly.. :D ), but a complete step by step guide for everything in just one place would be a great help for newbies and also a great help for the spread of deluge itself.. ;)
Please think about it
Cas
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Post by Cas »

Could you delete your deluge config folder and attempt to connect locally, then change the setup for thinclient access and try that.

creating a full how-to about deluge installation (also webui and how to connect from a different machine) would be really usefull
Yes we are aware that a simple how-to guide is needed. The wiki is open to editing so anyone can update the guides.