Problems with unexpected reboot - data lost

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
TheFlash

Problems with unexpected reboot - data lost

Post by TheFlash »

Hi!
I'm a newbie in Linux, tried a lot of torrents, Deluge satisfies me a lot. But I have a problem: my connection is very slow (it's a common problem in Russia unfortunately our providers are very greedy). Yesterday I tried to run a new software on my Ubuntu 8.04.2 with Deluge running. The computer freezed so I had to reboot it by button. When I started again Deluge began to recheck my active torrent and then I saw that a lot of already downloaded data were lost! It's about a week in 24h mode with my connection speed. And it's not the first time I see this problem. I read in the FAQ that all incompleted parts start again. What can I do to avoid this in future? Maybe there's a feature I didn't find which can save the state of the torrent every hour for example or something like that?
Thanks in advance.
noian

Re: Problems with unexpected reboot - data lost

Post by noian »

Deluge has a history of this I remember, problems with fast-resume.....at least be glad you didn't have to restart downloading everything again, sometimes Deluge decides not to save the data downloaded until it is done....I remember seeing a feature request thread for every hour back-ups I think, don't know if it is in yet though.
TheFlash

Re: Problems with unexpected reboot - data lost

Post by TheFlash »

The problem, of course, is in the slow connection. When your estimated time is 1-2 hours or even 1 day it's not a great problem, I assume. But when estimated time is about 3 weeks it's really killing. Nevertheless I have to solve it anyway.