100% CPU on accessing same files

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
tyskis

100% CPU on accessing same files

Post by tyskis »

Hi,

I recently came across a problem with the newest deluge, more specifically if I add two torrents which happen to access (download) the same files.

If two torrents try to download the same files to the same place, sooner or later deluge (deluged more specifically) will stop responding and use up 100% of the cpu. I realize I should not add two torrents and tell them to download to the same place, but even so, I think crashing is not very good behaviour. Instead, it would be nice if it gave an error (such as "File in use" or something similar) and stopped the torrent in question.

The times this has happened, the torrents where added within seconds/fractions of a second, if that influences the situation. They are not the same torrents, they just download the same files (different trackers).
loki

Re: 100% CPU on accessing same files

Post by loki »

In case you didn't know, it doesn't support multiple active torrents pointing to the same files.
I do believe it should handle that specific problem more gracefully though.
tyskis

Post by tyskis »

loki wrote:In case you didn't know, it doesn't support multiple active torrents pointing to the same files.
I do believe it should handle that specific problem more gracefully though.
Exactly my point. I'm okay with that it shouldn't work and download successfully from both torrents, but in my opinion it shouldn't stop responding.
danii
Seeder
Seeder

Post by danii »

well I ran across a similar problem but my two torrents are seeding, I've download a torrent from a tracker and I'm also seeding it in another tracker, after a while both torrents stop seeding and deluged uses 100% CPU, I'm using SVN version