Un-official FlexRSS Plugin for 1.1.x

Suggest, post, or discuss plugins for Deluge
tyskis

Re: Un-official FlexRSS Plugin for 1.x

Post by tyskis »

SGSeries2 wrote:
Lol! Deluge even gives a warning, replies saying there was an error adding it, but added it anyway? Late response, maybe? :roll:

Oh well. Flexrss shouldn't be doing that anyways. Thanks for the info. 8-)
As far as I can tell, it actually tries to add three torrents. Why it does that i have no idea, as there are only two feeds.

Anyway, the reason it doesn't complain at the second adding could be that they actually are different torrents. I mean, they are different, eventhough they are downloading the exact same files to the exact same spot. For starters, they contain different trackers. Also, they were probably created with different torrent creator programs. The question is, what does it take for deluge to see it as the same torrent. The same files? The same files and the same tracker? Only if it is exactly the same torrent? (Mostly talking to myself and maybe the deluge core developers here :) )
SGSeries2

Post by SGSeries2 »

tyskis wrote:As far as I can tell, it actually tries to add three torrents. ... The same files and the same tracker? Only if it is exactly the same torrent? (Mostly talking to myself and maybe the deluge core developers here :) )
You're right. After a closer inspection, it does look like three adds. One of which is being reported as the same as one of the other two, and is being thrown out, but it doesn't specify which one it is a duplicate of. I'd don't know, maybe I'm reading it wrong, but it looks just as you say. Good question.
hordak
Leecher
Leecher

Post by hordak »

SGSeries2 wrote:
hordak wrote:The only issue that I am currently having is that I can not download torrents with this plugin that include spaces. For example, I can download "The X Factor S05E11 (11th October 2008)[WS PDTV(Xvid)Tiggzz.torrent" from a certain private tracker using FlexRSS direct download or filter. Is there something that I set up wrong?

Everything else appears to work fine.
I suspect it is related to a known issue. There's likely some additional characters that aren't visible, or vice for the filter. I've narrowed it down to the fact that the strings are saved and used in unicode, but I haven't decided on a good way to fix it.

My suggestion would be to try and see if there's some hidden characters in the filter/match, replace the spaces with '.*' in the filter, and use backspace or delete to remove any hidden characters in the filter, then try again to see if it matches.

Good to hear back from a winxp user. Now I can update the original post with a suggestion as to where to install it on winxp.
It works if I add the following to the "Link Rewriting" drop down in the Filters Tab:

Pattern: <space>
Replacement: .*

Everything is good so far.

Thank you.
Mindzai

Post by Mindzai »

Just wondering if there was any update on whether you will be integrating flexRSS capability into the core? 8-)

I'm currently using it on a gtk client connecting to a daemon on a headless server, which works, but obviously requires the client to be up to download. It also means that other clients in the household cannot modify the plugin settings because installing the plugin on each client would, I presume, result in each item being downloaded once per client.

Would be great if the plugin could be run as part of the daemon in the same way as the blocklist & label plugins :)
SGSeries2

Post by SGSeries2 »

Mindzai wrote:Just wondering if there was any update on whether you will be integrating flexRSS capability into the core? 8-)

I'm currently using it on a gtk client connecting to a daemon on a headless server, which works, but obviously requires the client to be up to download. It also means that other clients in the household cannot modify the plugin settings because installing the plugin on each client would, I presume, result in each item being downloaded once per client.

Would be great if the plugin could be run as part of the daemon in the same way as the blocklist & label plugins :)
Download something once per client? Is that such a bad thing? :) Deluge (generally speaking) won't let you download the exact same torrents, regardless of what flexrss does.

That aside, I have been working on it, yes. The config updating you mentioned has me a bit worried, because it means I'll have to code more defensively. Coding that kind of stuff is never fun. It's hard to find time to work on it, but it is progressing. I'm able to get the config info from the core, and have moved about half of the feed updating stuff to the core as well. But with only half of it there, and half of it elsewhere, you can imagine that it doesn't work too well in its current state (like not a all :shock:).

fwiw, I've been able to put the download location option back into the flexrss gtk. It works, but it looks like the 'move to' option from the general preferences overrides the final location, regardless of where you download something. (I don't know if that was intentional or not.)
johnnyg
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Post by johnnyg »

SGSeries2 wrote:fwiw, I've been able to put the download location option back into the flexrss gtk. It works, but it looks like the 'move to' option from the general preferences overrides the final location, regardless of where you download something. (I don't know if that was intentional or not.)
The move completed torrent preference always overrides.
How does the old saying go? "It's not a bug, it's a feature" :P
SGSeries2

Post by SGSeries2 »

johnnyg wrote:The move completed torrent preference always overrides.
How does the old saying go? "It's not a bug, it's a feature" :P
Thanks for the clarification. I figured it was intentional, but I couldn't outright say that for sure. I just thought it was worth mentioning.
Mindzai

Post by Mindzai »

SGSeries2 wrote: Download something once per client? Is that such a bad thing? :) Deluge (generally speaking) won't let you download the exact same torrents, regardless of what flexrss does.
Well I'm thinking that if I have 2 clients with the same items in flexRSS and I get a match, it will download the item once for each client (as I guess it is the client that is handling getting and adding the torrents), but as you rightly point out, delgue would prevent this anyway so maybe it's not such a big deal.
That aside, I have been working on it, yes. The config updating you mentioned has me a bit worried, because it means I'll have to code more defensively. Coding that kind of stuff is never fun. It's hard to find time to work on it, but it is progressing. I'm able to get the config info from the core, and have moved about half of the feed updating stuff to the core as well. But with only half of it there, and half of it elsewhere, you can imagine that it doesn't work too well in its current state (like not a all :shock:).

fwiw, I've been able to put the download location option back into the flexrss gtk. It works, but it looks like the 'move to' option from the general preferences overrides the final location, regardless of where you download something. (I don't know if that was intentional or not.)
Thats really good to hear :) For those of use that use the daemon, it would be great to have flexRSS integrated there rather than client.
Lantesh

Post by Lantesh »

Thank you for taking the time to port this fantastic plugin to the new Deluge. I'm running Linux Mint, and at first I had the same issue as a few other users. When I enabled the plugin I did not get a config tab in the left pane. I followed another users directions I saw posted, and it fixed the problem. Thanks everyone. I can't begin to describe how important this plugin is for me. Hats off to our new maintainer, and everyone else who has participated in this thread. :D
blackboot

Post by blackboot »

Just wanted to say thanks for the work and also I will confirm this works with Windoze XP SP3 . Cheers for the great work!