Un-official FlexRSS Plugin for 1.1.x

Suggest, post, or discuss plugins for Deluge
SGSeries2

Re: Un-official FlexRSS Plugin for 1.x

Post by SGSeries2 »

carl689 wrote:Is anybody else missing the ability to choose the download folder?
Lol! I think someone mentioned that earlier. I didn't know it was an available feature in the previous versions, and I didn't see it in the gui when I was implementing it, so it's not available atm. Hopefully I'll have time to work on it this weekend.
Mindzai wrote:BTW I am a web developer by trade and I'd be happy to do what I can to get the webui support for this plugin up and running.
I don't know how I missed that when I read your post last time. Thanks for the offer! I think much of the stuff in the gtk-ui need to be moved to the core first so they can be used in the web-ui before any real gritty stuff can be done on the web-ui side of things. Meantime, I'm all up for ideas/mockups/etc. of what the web-ui can/should look like. I'd like to keep it as at least functionally similar to the gtk one to make it easier to implement later down the line.
schmick
New User
New User

Post by schmick »

Dude.. where's the source code located?
schmick
New User
New User

Post by schmick »

reference2myself wrote:I got it working, it was a problem with lingering config files from the old flesrss plugin, i deleted them all and everything works fine, thanks
Exactly.. just remove flex* config files from ~/.config/deluge

Code: Select all

rm flex*
And restart deluge.

btw, I still want the source code.. where is it?.. pls pls pls? [sad puppy eyes]
SGSeries2

Post by SGSeries2 »

schmick wrote:btw, I still want the source code.. where is it?.. pls pls pls? [sad puppy eyes]
The egg is the source... Python eggs are pretty much just zip files with a different extension. So just unzip it, and you've got the source code.
schmick
New User
New User

Post by schmick »

SGSeries2 wrote: The egg is the source... Python eggs are pretty much just zip files with a different extension. So just unzip it, and you've got the source code.
/me slaps myself... got to do some reseach instead of asking right away ehh?.
Thanks!
schmick
New User
New User

Hate being a pest.

Post by schmick »

Hi!... I guess I'll be busy reading source. Let's see if I can contribute with anything.
BTW, as I always keep deluge running, didn't noticed something.
I had some strange behavior when I had to reboot.
Deluge didn't want to start.. got stuck in:

[DEBUG   ] 23:46:52 gtkui:66 Calling flexRSS UI init
Well, I deleted ~/.config/deluge/flexrss.dat and it got passed it.
So, I added a feed and a filter, shutdown deluge and try to start it again. Crashed in the same spot.
Info: Using Deluge 1.0.0
¿Anyone has come into this behavior?
tyskis

Post by tyskis »

My deluged (daemon on headless ubuntu server) blocks any attempt to connect with gtk-ui (from my ubuntu laptop) since tonight. The thing that happened tonight, is that (most likely) Flexrss got a hit on a filter for a torrent, while the gtk-ui was not connected. I had to turn flexrss off by starting gtk-ui on the server, and now that it is off the connection works again. Deluge had not added any new torrents from the rss.

Could it be that flexrss needs a gtk-ui to be connected for it to function? It has worked earlier while my laptop was connected.

Is it even supposed to work with plugins with the gtk-ui and the daemon on different computers? if so, where should i place the .egg-file? now i had it on both computers, which seemed to work until the gtk-ui one was off...

EDIT: I'm using 1.0.2, if that's any help.

EDIT2: One of my feeds is offline, it seems, could this account for the freezing?
johnnyg
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Post by johnnyg »

double check that deluge daemon is accepting remote connections.
easiest way would be to run on your server

deluge -u null
configs allow_remote
and see if it says True or False.
if it says False, you can enable remote connections by typing

config-set allow_remote True
tyskis

Post by tyskis »

johnnyg wrote:double check that deluge daemon is accepting remote connections.
easiest way would be to run on your server

deluge -u null
configs allow_remote
and see if it says True or False.
if it says False, you can enable remote connections by typing

config-set allow_remote True
Thanks, as i said in my post it works perfectly when flexrss is turned off. Now it again seems to work when all the feeds are online, so i think it might be because of that. I'm running flexrss with the experimental threaded feed retrieval now, let's see if that fixes the issue the next time one of my feeds goes offline.
SGSeries2

Post by SGSeries2 »

tyskis wrote:Could it be that flexrss needs a gtk-ui to be connected for it to function? It has worked earlier while my laptop was connected.
From one of my earlier posts, as a response to one of the devs:
SGSeries2 wrote:The gtk-ui does indeed need to be running. Well, my primary concern at the time was just getting it up and running in a 'classic' environment (where the gtk ui was always up).
In short, yes, it does. Nothing really happens in the daemon atm. The only thing it does is grab config files (which it doesn't use), and get interfaces to do stuff (which it doesn't do). It makes no requests to the gtk-ui, either. So, it is quite tame. In order to hit a filter / refresh a feed, a/the gtk-ui has to be up and running. If the gtk-ui was already down and the daemon freezes, I can only reason that it'd have to be something else. (It could still be related to flexrss, it'd just be for some other reason unbeknown to me.)

I also hadn't tried testing a feed where the requested feed is valid, but not available / times out, so it is possible. I have noticed a slight pause when it takes a bit of time to resolve and download a feed. I have tested a bad url, though; the response is near instant. What kind of response did your web browser give when accessing the offline feed?