Forum style suggestion

Aleve Sicofante
New User
New User

Forum style suggestion

Post by Aleve Sicofante »

Your software and this forum reveal you're style conscious developers. Although I have a minor complaint regarding putting user and posting information on the right side of the page, overall I would like to congratulate you for the nice theme in this forum and make one suggestion: add a WYSIWYG editor for posting. I don't know if there's any good one for phpBB (I know I love the one in Ubuntu's forums but that vBulletin thing costs money) but I would be willing to research a bit for you if you're willing to adopt the idea.
brettalton

Re: Forum style suggestion

Post by brettalton »

WYSIWYG will never be included in phpBB (as per the phpBB developer forum). You might be able to find one as an add-on, but I see no need for it on the Deluge forum.

Also, the skin is the default phpBB3 skin. Beautiful, ain't she? ;)
Aleve Sicofante
New User
New User

Post by Aleve Sicofante »

brettalton wrote:WYSIWYG will never be included in phpBB (as per the phpBB developer forum). You might be able to find one as an add-on, but I see no need for it on the Deluge forum.
Is that the feeling of most people here? I would be surprised. WYSIWYG is the way ordinary people expect things to happen. I understand phpBB developers are the geeky type and love seeing formatting codes all over the place, but that's far from being what common humans feel comfortable with. Since, I insist, Deluge developers shown concerns about usability, elegance and beauty, I expect them to consider my suggestion.
brettalton

Post by brettalton »

OK.

phpBB3's developers discuss WYSIWYG here: http://area51.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopic ... 0&p=185768.