Ask me when I move / delete / rename a file

Suggestions and discussion of future versions
frandavid100

Ask me when I move / delete / rename a file

Post by frandavid100 »

Hi,

I love Deluge, but there is something quite bothersome about it. Sometimes I download several torrents and forget about them. Some time later, when I browser my downloads folder I notice them and move them to a permanent location, or just delete them because I don't really want them anymore.

The thing is, the next time I open Deluge it starts downloading them again. This is specially bothersome when more than a person use deluge (e.g. me and my girlfriend) and she downloads some REALLY big torrent, then moves the file to her folder, then Deluge starts downloading it again and the whole thing sits there for ages because I didn't know it had already been downloaded once, and she couldn't care less.

Is there a way that Deluge could detect that a file has been downloaded but then removed, warn you and ask if you want to download it again? That would be a lifesaver for me.
eternalsword

Re: Ask me when I move / delete / rename a file

Post by eternalsword »

Deluge cannot do this at this point in time, but it *should* be possible to write a plugin for this.
frandavid100

Re: Ask me when I move / delete / rename a file

Post by frandavid100 »

eternalsword wrote:Deluge cannot do this at this point in time, but it *should* be possible to write a plugin for this.
That would be perfect, I hope someone would.