Unable to connect to Deluge daemon

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
UnCoNoob
New User
New User

Unable to connect to Deluge daemon

Post by UnCoNoob »

Hey,

I have run into a problem. I am running ubuntu server 18.04 and updated deluge to the latest version, since then I am unable to connect to the daemon from within the network and even sickchill on same PC tells me to check config file as unable to connect now.

I have reinstalled deluge as per the thin client under the username deluge and added the user and password into auth file at /var/lib/deluge/.config/deluge/auth file that was created but I still am unable to gain access. The original auth file in ~/.config/deluge/auth has the same info but that was from the original install.

Unsure what is happening or where to look from here. I have port forwarded 58846 in firewall and Linux server but it worked fine before the update so didn't think this would be the case.

Thanks for any help

Edit: I have also installed deluge-web and this is working fine it has the allow remote connections selected as I have run the 2 console entries as explained in the guide
shamael
Compulsive Poster
Compulsive Poster

Re: Unable to connect to Deluge daemon

Post by shamael »

hi,

Did you enable the reote access in /.config/deluge/core.conf?
allow_remote: true,
gderf
Seeder
Seeder

Post by gderf »

Are the client and daemon versions of Deluge the same? They must be. 1.x programs will not interoperate with 2.x programs.
UnCoNoob
New User
New User

Post by UnCoNoob »

gderf wrote:Are the client and daemon versions of Deluge the same? They must be. 1.x programs will not interoperate with 2.x programs.
Ok this maybe the issue. but the client machine is a windows PC and the latest version is 1.3.15.

Also still not sure why sickchill does not authenticate with the new version unless it does not support it?

I have installed transmission so my shows keep downloading through sickchill but would really like to go back to deluge.

Do you think I maybe better reverting back to 1.3.15 on Linux server at least this version worked
shamael wrote:hi,

Did you enable the reote access in /.config/deluge/core.conf?
allow_remote: true,
Yes done this, also deluge-web also has remote connections ticked/
mhertz

Post by mhertz »

It seems deluge2 isn't supported yet in sickchill, so properly best to revert to 1.3.15 on all places unless changing to other supported alternative instead, though still then issue of windows last deluge version is 1.3.15. I'm always careful about not doing "shameless plugs", but in cases like this where actually related(and you mentioned the lack of new installer as part of your issue) then I guess it's okay for me to mention that I have made an unofficial deluge2 installer, linked in windows subforum here, and then on sickchill's github there where merged a *pull-request into develop branch, stating to fix an issue related to deluge2, so if using develop branch of sickchill, then maybe it would work with deluge2, but possibly I'm misunderstanding something though. Just to let you know of all possible fixes to your issue, i.e either downgrade or upgrade. Good luck! :)

* https://github.com/SickChill/SickChill/pull/5605 is merged into develop branch and states to fix: https://github.com/SickChill/SickChill/issues/5535

You can clone the develop branch using git:

Code: Select all

git clone -b develop https://github.com/SickChill/SickChill
Or download/extract compressed archive:

Code: Select all

curl -L https://github.com/SickChill/SickChill/archive/develop.tar.gz | tar xz
Last edited by mhertz on Fri Apr 03, 2020 12:47 pm, edited 14 times in total.
UnCoNoob
New User
New User

Post by UnCoNoob »

mhertz wrote:It seems deluge2 support isn't supported yet in sickchill, so properly best to revert to 1.3.15 on all places unless changing to other supported alternative instead.

https://github.com/SickChill/SickChill/issues/5030 (Though one stated worked for him still in 2 year old post with deluge2 dev versions, but others reported issues)
Thank you.

Yeah seems this is most likely the problem the lack of support for deluge 2 in sickchill and windows. Thought I had stuffed up somewhere, never thought of these issues.

I will revert back to earlier version tomorrow and see if that gets it all working again.
UnCoNoob
New User
New User

Post by UnCoNoob »

yes seen that some one compiled something for windows have not tried it but your right if sickchill still cannot authenticate with deluge a revert would be needed. I don't have the time to spend chasing my tail ATM but in time see how it goes. It is most likely a issue with the libtorrent back end?
UnCoNoob
New User
New User

Post by UnCoNoob »

Ok I installed your version of deluge 2.0.3 and gderf was correct about the version being why it wont connect. It connects fine with the 2.0.3 version. May just leave transmission for a little and try see if there is a work around with sickchill
UnCoNoob
New User
New User

Post by UnCoNoob »

reverted back to 1.3.15 on server and windows and all is working as it was before.

Thanks all that helped