*OLD-THREAD - SEE NEW* [Unofficial] Deluge 2.0.x installer

Specific support for Deluge on Microsoft Windows OS
idiocracy
Seeder
Seeder

Re: Deluge 2.0.x unofficial Windows installer.

Post by idiocracy »

Updating from 2.0.3 lib 1.2.2 from 8'th December, just install/update or clean reinstall?
mhertz

Post by mhertz »

You can always upgrade directly without uninstalling first, as I have set it to delete old install-folder first before install(if same path used as before), though uninstalling first of course doesn't hurt either and is just optional as gives same end-result.
petersasi
Leecher
Leecher

Post by petersasi »

Thanks mherz about getting GeoIP work again. Is is already in the installers?
Do I only need to install over the old install?
mhertz

Post by mhertz »

You're welcome. Same to you for the help/info :)

It's available in installers now, yes.

If always installing to same path, then there's no difference between upgrading/installing directly over a previous install, or uninstalling old first before installing new. You just save a few mouse-clicks in the process if not uninstalling first.

(I could have made my installers to be much faster when upgrading directly over, like official installers, but by purpose I changed the way it was done so that not only new files where updated, but all old files deleted first and then files from installer copied over - if some files becomes redundant and I save alot of install space in a new installer, or there's important filename changes like with pth files, then official installers would need you uninstall first or else leave them in place, which I changed and hence states installing over is fine)
idiocracy
Seeder
Seeder

Post by idiocracy »

Thanks, updated and it worked without problems.
mhertz

Post by mhertz »

Glad to hear it, you're welcome and thanks for the feedback :)
petersasi
Leecher
Leecher

Time to make this the official Windows installer?

Post by petersasi »

Thanks, just installed the GeoIP updated version as well: works like a charm.
It feels like time to tell Cas & the official team this your installer is ready for prime time, to become the official installer!
Probably also beneficial for them: they could officially retire the old version with this, and focus in 2.0 only. (just my 2c)
Last edited by petersasi on Wed Jan 15, 2020 4:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
mhertz

Post by mhertz »

Thank you, I appreciate that mate :)

Although working fine, then my installer is made using various hacks/workarounds where the official installer fixes pretty much all these issues by freezing the install before packaging, though the freezing tool didnt work for deluge 2.0, which was one of the issues + gtk3 building, though Cas fixed that along time ago. However, doadin has made great progress in the freezing part and is seemingly soon on the way to getting that part fixed, which will then be possible to make an official installer working like usual/previously without workarounds/hacks and such.

I appreciate the sentiment greatly however, so thanks again for that! :)
doadin
Seeder
Seeder

Post by doadin »

I think "soon" is a bit of wishful thinking :P, however I am trying to make some progress here and there. I suspect though the freezer is picking up most dependencies as it seems to at least start the core and the connection dialog works from freeze, however, it might be missing some, it also seems to try and get a bunch that should not be necessary as they are optional for some that are not optional making the list really big. However both these might be resolved with some includes and excludes. I don't have a lot of time to put toward this and @Cas is only one guy :P . Though I would really like to see progress on my freeze script as the freezer is also compatible with mac and so if we wanted it would work for those users as well (or rather should/could). Which would be nice as they don't have a "installer" either.
mhertz

Post by mhertz »

Thank you doadin for your efforts, much appreciated! Sorry for being to hasty in my predictions of your development, and thanks for letting us now how it's going.

Btw, thanks also for your intiial twisted simulate fix in that #3201 ticket, which I included long ago and was really happy to find it fixed a really annoying issue with connection manager not coming up or closing not being possible. Not seeing others reporting it, but always had it myself when testing this in virtualbox/qemu.