excessive amounts of announces

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
Ubulindy

excessive amounts of announces

Post by Ubulindy »

Ive been a long time fan of Deluge ever since it first came out. I've even converted a large number of my friends. However, Im now rethinking this program. There are excessive amounts of announces to the trackers. 7 hours seeding, can not possibly amount to 22+ announces, and now stats do not match up. Ive also noticed a huge CPU load of almost 100%. This is exactly why I stopped using Azureus. Im afraid that in an effort to make Deluge better, you've done the opposite. I still can not see the % of the completion of the peers, as well. This was promised to have been fixed . I'll stick with Deluge, until the next version, and if I see no improvement ( fixes ), Ill go back to kTorrent. Sorry guys, you should not have fixed a wonderful program, that in my opinion, was not broken. Very disappointed here. :roll:
This is an update: I have since reverted back to 0.5.9.4. After seeding for 22 hours, I had 98 announces. Also, when I paused, and then had to quit Deluge in order to re-boot, when I launched Deluge right after, my torrent that I was seeding was gone. Go figure. I didnt even have these sorts of problems when I was alpha testing Gutsy, and Deluge was still relatively new.
"Dignity does not consist in possessing honors, but in deserving them."