sapapa

Re: Adding torrents

Post by sapapa »

Installed deluge-1.1.0-RC3-32 and still can't add torrent
loki

Post by loki »

sapapa wrote:Installed deluge-1.1.0-RC3-32 and still can't add torrent
Try the latest version, 1.1.0, yes final, not RC. Also try uninstalling before installing the newest version.
Dolpy
New User
New User

Post by Dolpy »

Hi loki, I have installed the latest version of Deluge (1.1.0 Final x64) after unistalled the other old installation, deleting all the related folders and runned CCleaner.
I don't know why I can't still add the torrent file to Deluge from the browser. I've tryed both Explorer and Firefox but not way... :(

This is my configuration: Windows Vista Ultimate x64, Intel Core 2 Duo E8400

Thanx for the support :)
loki

Post by loki »

Dolpy wrote:Hi loki, I have installed the latest version of Deluge (1.1.0 Final x64) after unistalled the other old installation, deleting all the related folders and runned CCleaner.
I don't know why I can't still add the torrent file to Deluge from the browser. I've tryed both Explorer and Firefox but not way... :(

This is my configuration: Windows Vista Ultimate x64, Intel Core 2 Duo E8400

Thanx for the support :)
I believe this thread was originally only for opening files from the system, not the browser. As for the issue of it not working from the browser, it is working from my explorer but not firefox, leading me to think it is related to some 32 64 bit incompatibility (windows safety feature), since IE was running 64 bit mode and worked for me.
Dolpy
New User
New User

Post by Dolpy »

Ok. Thanks. I hope that in the near future Deluge will open files from firefox, like the older version (0.5.8)
Aqualung

Post by Aqualung »

loki wrote:I believe this thread was originally only for opening files from the system, not the browser.
Yes it was. This, I'm told, has been fixed in Deluge 1.1.0 final. Otherwise, apply Bard009's workaround.
As for the issue of it not working from the browser, it is working from my explorer but not firefox, leading me to think it is related to some 32 64 bit incompatibility (windows safety feature), since IE was running 64 bit mode and worked for me.
I can confirm, Deluge 1.0.5 works from my x64 IE, but not from my x32 IE. Haven't tried FireFox though. (Is there an x64 FireFox?)
loki

Post by loki »

It actually looks like there is a x64 firefox in the works, looks like it's in the very early stages though.

It does work to add torrents, there's like no plugins though.
johnnyg
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Post by johnnyg »

have you guys tried the instructions/directions in this thread: http://forum.deluge-torrent.org/viewtop ... 535#p60315 ?
loki

Post by loki »

Ok, now I thought I remembered reading something like that a while back... must have been where I was getting the bit about the difference in the 64 bit system.
I tried all those cmd versions, nothing... I also read mention of it being implemented in the next version (1.0.7), apparently not...
I don't know what would be involved but I think it would be much better to just make a true 64 bit version of deluge, one that actually runs in 64 bit mode?
johnnyg
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Post by johnnyg »

libglade can't be built under 64 bit, hence why no real 64 bit version yet.