Porting an incomplete download from Ktorrent to Deluge?

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
jarlath

Porting an incomplete download from Ktorrent to Deluge?

Post by jarlath »

I'm really eager to move from Ktorrent to Deluge. I have one final download still at 92% with about a month left to go (there aren't many seeders).

Is it possible for me to port this download to Deluge?

Thanks for making this software freely available.

Jarlath
johnnyg
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Re: Porting an incomplete download from Ktorrent to Deluge?

Post by johnnyg »

I guess the only way to find out is to try it: open the torrent in deluge and choose the location where your current 92% complete download is. Deluge should automatically detect it and check how much it has downloaded and continue on from there. If that doesn't happen then I'm guessing you can't do it.
jarlath

Post by jarlath »

I should have mentioned that I don't have the .torrent file itself. But by the grace of God, someone with all the chunks came online and I got sorted out. Thanks johnnyg. This program is perfect for the gnome desktop.
johnnyg
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Post by johnnyg »

jarlath wrote:I should have mentioned that I don't have the .torrent file itself. But by the grace of God, someone with all the chunks came online and I got sorted out. Thanks johnnyg. This program is perfect for the gnome desktop.
I should have mentioned that Ktorrent keeps a copy of the .torrent somewhere in .kde/share/apps/ktorrent/, oh well :P

glad that you're enjoying deluge.