Newer doesn't necessarily mean better!

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
valkyrisa
New User
New User

Newer doesn't necessarily mean better!

Post by valkyrisa »

I just recently, 5 Novemeber 07 to be exact, entered the world of bittorrent. I started out using deluge, and loved it. That was with version 5.6 and it was a great client. In just such a short time there have been 2, or possibly 3, "up"grades, but in my opinion, they have really been "down"grades. I have had nothing but headaches & troubles with all since 5.6. Can someone please tell me if and where I can get the 5.6 version back? I have tried 9 different clients since the first upgrade from 5.6 issues and disliked them all in comparison with deluge 5.6. I simply cannot find 5.6 to install it again. If this is possible, I would greatly appreciate it if someone could share the 411 on where to download the 5.6 . Thank you, in advance, for your help and time in reading this.
~Blessed Be~
valkyrisa
markybob
Compulsive Poster
Compulsive Poster

Re: Newer doesn't necessarily mean better!

Post by markybob »

valkyrisa wrote:I just recently, 5 Novemeber 07 to be exact, entered the world of bittorrent. I started out using deluge, and loved it. That was with version 5.6 and it was a great client. In just such a short time there have been 2, or possibly 3, "up"grades, but in my opinion, they have really been "down"grades. I have had nothing but headaches & troubles with all since 5.6. Can someone please tell me if and where I can get the 5.6 version back? I have tried 9 different clients since the first upgrade from 5.6 issues and disliked them all in comparison with deluge 5.6. I simply cannot find 5.6 to install it again. If this is possible, I would greatly appreciate it if someone could share the 411 on where to download the 5.6 . Thank you, in advance, for your help and time in reading this.
~Blessed Be~
valkyrisa

same place you can find all of our packages, http://download.deluge-torrent.org ....saying they've been downgrades and giving no reason for your thinking really doesnt help you or get it fixed in future releases, though. what's the problem? windows or linux?
valkyrisa
New User
New User

Re: Newer doesn't necessarily mean better!

Post by valkyrisa »

Thank you for your reply, but I went there and I only see the link to download the newest version, I thought. I will go check again though. I'm sorry I didn't list the problems, I guess it didn't occur to me that you would want/need my input what with me being such a newbie, as they say, to the world of bittorrent. Anyway, the issues with all since 5.6 include:
freezing, crashing, slow to completely halted startup, no way to add torrents,(it simply would not add any to the download list, eventually it would again after approx. 4-5 shutdowns & restarts) plugins & prefs. not holding the settings, therefore having to reset all with every startup.
Those are the ones I can think of off the top of my head. I do want to reiterate, however, that even with all the difficulties, I still love deluge, and will remain a loyal user, I will just remain using 5.6 for now. Also, my OS is Win Vista, basic edition.
Again, thank you for your reply, help with this matter, and time in reading this.
~Blessed Be~
valkyrisa