0.5.7.1 Deluge Crashing

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
wbuhrman
New User
New User

0.5.7.1 Deluge Crashing

Post by wbuhrman »

I am running Deluge 0.5.7.1 on Ubuntu 7.10. Deluge is crashing after about 24 hours of operation. I installed deluge-torrent_0.5.7.1-1_i386.gutsy.deb. I searched but couldn't find any log files or entries in /var/log/messages to give me a clue as to what is happening. Has anyone else seen this issue? Is there a way to enable more (any) logging to help track this down? It is getting to be a pain as it is a large torrent and the checking on restart takes quite a while.

Tnx.
markybob
Compulsive Poster
Compulsive Poster

Re: 0.5.7.1 Deluge Crashing

Post by markybob »

wbuhrman wrote:I am running Deluge 0.5.7.1 on Ubuntu 7.10. Deluge is crashing after about 24 hours of operation. I installed deluge-torrent_0.5.7.1-1_i386.gutsy.deb. I searched but couldn't find any log files or entries in /var/log/messages to give me a clue as to what is happening. Has anyone else seen this issue? Is there a way to enable more (any) logging to help track this down? It is getting to be a pain as it is a large torrent and the checking on restart takes quite a while.

Tnx.
run deluge from the command prompt and see if it spits out an error when it crashes. you also might wanna try if turning off the advanced progress bar helps you stay up for longer or not. let me know
tyson25
New User
New User

Post by tyson25 »

i never experience any crash till yesterday when try download need for speed : street pro torrent..
there is large number of leecher 50 000+ so the deluge crashed..
plz look on this matter.
thanks.
markybob
Compulsive Poster
Compulsive Poster

Post by markybob »

tyson25 wrote:i never experience any crash till yesterday when try download need for speed : street pro torrent..
there is large number of leecher 50 000+ so the deluge crashed..
plz look on this matter.
thanks.
i tell you the same thing i told the other guy.
tyson25
New User
New User

Post by tyson25 »

Still same..
no improvement.
markybob
Compulsive Poster
Compulsive Poster

Post by markybob »

tyson25 wrote:Still same..
no improvement.
do you read, at all? I told you to run it from command prompt and to tell me what error it spit out when it crash. saying 'same' is not an answer.
kibriti

Post by kibriti »

starting from prompt returns:
No DHT file to resume
terminate called after throwing an instance of 'asio::system_error'
what(): Address already in use
Aborted (core dumped)

This is a ubuntu 7.10 system all updates applied try 5.7.1 deluge. I was adding a new torrent rough the autoload folder (2 previously added without issue) while monitoring it through the web interface on another machine. the web interface spat back the following errors, when i tried to restart deluge, it wouldn't start. I completely uninstalled through synaptic, downloaded the latest version, and reinstalled to produce the above error from a command start. Any ideas?

thanks,
jamil

--Deluge Error--
DBusException : org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.ServiceUnknown: The name :1.16 was not provided by any .service files
path : /index
file : /var/lib/python-support/python2.5/dbus/connection.py in call_blocking, line 602

--Input--
<Storage {}>

--Versions--
WebUi : rev.160
Python : 2.5.1 (r251:54863, Oct 5 2007, 13:36:32)
[GCC 4.1.3 20070929 (prerelease) (Ubuntu 4.1.2-16ubuntu2)]
dbus:0.82.0

--Traceback--
File "/usr/share/deluge/plugins/WebUi/webpy022/webapi.py", line 304, in wsgifunc
result = func()
File "/usr/share/deluge/plugins/WebUi/webpy022/request.py", line 131, in <lambda>
func = lambda: handle(inp, fvars)
File "/usr/share/deluge/plugins/WebUi/webpy022/request.py", line 61, in handle
return tocall(*([x and urllib.unquote(x) for x in args] + fna))
File "/usr/share/deluge/plugins/WebUi/webserver_framework.py", line 148, in deco
return func(self, name) #ok, continue..
File "/usr/share/deluge/plugins/WebUi/webserver_framework.py", line 135, in deco
res = func(self, name)
File "/usr/share/deluge/plugins/WebUi/webserver_framework.py", line 165, in deco
return func(self, name)
File "/usr/share/deluge/plugins/WebUi/deluge_webserver.py", line 104, in GET
for torrent_id in ws.proxy.get_session_state()]
File "/var/lib/python-support/python2.5/dbus/proxies.py", line 135, in __call__
**keywords)
File "/var/lib/python-support/python2.5/dbus/connection.py", line 603, in call_blocking
message, timeout)
markybob
Compulsive Poster
Compulsive Poster

Post by markybob »

kibriti wrote:starting from prompt returns:
No DHT file to resume
terminate called after throwing an instance of 'asio::system_error'
what(): Address already in use
Aborted (core dumped)
http://deluge-torrent.org/faq.php#6n42
wbuhrman
New User
New User

Post by wbuhrman »

Update to my original post. I restarted Deluge from the command prompt and turned off "details" (under View) while Deluge was rechecking the files. So far it has not crashed and continues to run. Will advise what terminal output dump I get if it does crash.

Tnx for the help.
Regards.
wbuhrman
New User
New User

Post by wbuhrman »

Update to Deluge "crashing". I restarted Deluge from a command prompt and disabled the "details" in the GUI. Deluge did seem to run longer this time before it stopped working. By stopped working, I mean it does not appear to crash and there are no strange indications in the command window. However, the Deluge GUI window goes blank except for the title bar. The process is still alive but not using any CPU and no disk/network activity.

So technically I guess it didn't crash, but is definitely not working.

Any suggestions as to where to look?
Tnx.