Deluge Does Not Open

Specific support for Deluge on Microsoft Windows OS
mufaa
New User
New User

Deluge Does Not Open

Post by mufaa »

Hi guys...I was looking for a alternative to uTorrent and found Deluge. It looks really good and looks like my search has ended. But unfortunately the software does not work.

I downloaded the latest 0.9.06 version from the download page. Installed it, which went fine. A shortcut was made on the desktop. I clicked on the shortcut to launch the software and a command line prompt screen came and quickly disappeared. After that nothing happened. I tried to uninstall and install it again but no go.

I have Windows Vista 64-bit. And i fear that's the problem. I thought Deluge was Vista compatible?

Any help would surely be appreciated. This really looks like a cool software! Thanks.
mufaa
New User
New User

Re: Deluge Does Not Open

Post by mufaa »

I took a snap of the of cmd line prompt that disappears in a second.

Hmm. It cannot find a file because it is not installed in that folder. Hmm...the installer doesn't let me select the folder of installation. Damn! Come on guys...help me!!
loki

Post by loki »

Excellent snapshot! I hadn't been able to read what pops up in that window when it disappears so fast. Apparently this confirms what I thought was the problem in the latest versions. This is a known bug for us 64 bit users as far as RC5 and RC6. It's because it installs to the x86 program directory then the program is looking for it in the 'regular' folder, the 64 bit folder.

I just found a workaround, copy the deluge folder to the other program files folder... quick and dirty but it works. Don't know why I didn't think of it sooner.
mufaa
New User
New User

Post by mufaa »

I tried that. I shifted the folder to C:\Program Files instead of the other one. But now what do i do? Every .exe file i try to open gives me an error.
johnnyg
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Post by johnnyg »

I'll have to try that trick loki, I actually converted all %PROGRAMFILES% to %PROGRAMFILES(x86)% but that didn't seem to work (there was no error but deluge didn't launch).
loki

Post by loki »

I don't know if it was made clear enough but, COPY the folder. And you just run the .cmd as you normally would start it. The RC's use a script to start and not exe.
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Deluge\scripts\deluge.cmd"
mufaa
New User
New User

Post by mufaa »

Oh yea, copying the folder worked. I had cut the folder.

Anyway, i find the GUI very slow. Very unresponsive. On my XP machine it is normal. Is it the same with you?
mvoncken
Developer
Developer

Post by mvoncken »

mufaa wrote:Oh yea, copying the folder worked. I had cut the folder.

Anyway, i find the GUI very slow. Very unresponsive. On my XP machine it is normal. Is it the same with you?
Yep, known vista problem:
Workaround here : http://forum.deluge-torrent.org/viewtop ... 180#p38645
dev: webui, core, labels | irc:vonck7 |
Timy_T
New User
New User

Post by Timy_T »

I can't get the new RCs to run on my WinXP-machine. I have the same problem as already mentioned here: I see a DOS-box, but I don't know where the error in the scrips lies.

TIm
loki

Post by loki »

RC7 doesn't open with or without the previous workaround.
Going back to RC6 I guess.