Just installed new deluge all my torrents gone!

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
phorgan1

Just installed new deluge all my torrents gone!

Post by phorgan1 »

I mean, I can see them under my home directory in ~/config/deluge/torrentfiles, and the torrents themselves are where I left them under /usr/local/downloads, but the new version can't seem to find them. Every other time I loaded in a new version it just started back up automagically. How can I get it to start? Upgraded from 0.5.9.3 to 0.9.0.4. On Ubuntu Hardy. Help!!! I tried to load a torrent file from file. The display didn't show the name. and nothing happend, i.e. no seeding, no dling.

Patrick
johnnyg
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Re: Just installed new deluge all my torrents gone!

Post by johnnyg »

if you read this post carefully you'll notice that it says that deluge 1.0 is not compatible with 0.5 and that it will not load a previous state.
there's then a link to a python script which will import your old state.
Iwi

Post by Iwi »

Why should he read that post? It says nothing about it when you download it from the main page. Besides I don't think that script is very user friendly, as a normal user I couldn't get it running either by double clicking it or pasting it in the terminal.
I use Deluge on Ubuntu 8.04 i386
johnnyg
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Post by johnnyg »

Iwi wrote:Why should he read that post? It says nothing about it when you download it from the main page. Besides I don't think that script is very user friendly, as a normal user I couldn't get it running either by double clicking it or pasting it in the terminal.
actually it does.
main page wrote:The fourth Release Candidate for 1.0.0 has been released! Please see this post for more detail.
the script is a python script.
to run it save it to your home folder (or wherever) and then in terminal type

Code: Select all

python state_upgrade.py