Deluge RC2 on Windows Vista Home Premium

Specific support for Deluge on Microsoft Windows OS
trektorrents
Seeder
Seeder

Deluge RC2 on Windows Vista Home Premium

Post by trektorrents »

Downloaded and installed the 2nd release candidate, here are my experiences so far:

Installed fine.
Runs fine, and on close, the daemon closes, too, something I haven't seen on Windows.
Preferences all work fine, and Deluge properly opened ports via uPnP.

However...

I can not load a torrent. Whether I use the "Add Torrent" interfaces within the application, or, as I usually do, drag-n-drop a .torrent file onto the app window, nothing is added.

Still using 0.5.9.3. Let me know if there are logs I can provide, and how to generate them.

System:
HP Pavilion a6120n
Vista Home Premium
2 GB RAM
Core 2 4400
Suomynona.Eno

Re: Deluge RC2 on Windows Vista Home Premium

Post by Suomynona.Eno »

Maybe carry over this post to here as a report? On my Win XP Pro SP3 comp, both RC1 and RC2 didn't exactly hit anywhere "smooth" when it comes to running though I can add torrents. Pretty odd your situation though.
loki

Post by loki »

It currently doesn't register .torrent to Deluge, not until final version I guess. I added the torrents with the add torrent button with no problems.
Drag n drop feature didn't make it in yet, it's been added as a feature request ticket, supposedly 1.1.0.
TrueSatan

Post by TrueSatan »

Unfortunately I have the same Vista Home Premium (when not dual booting into Linux) and an additional problem...launching Deluge causes two Windows Command Processor instances to start which between them consume all available CPU runtime while being in a stalled state...on closing both via the Task manager Deluge starts and works normally. It's a nasty and annoying bug all the same.
xie
New User
New User

Post by xie »

RC3 is out now, you should see if your still having the same problem with it. :)
-----
Running Deluge 0.5.9.3 on XP SP3
TrueSatan

Post by TrueSatan »

Just tried the 0.9.03 msi package and while It only (!) stalls with on one Command Processor Instance and works once that is forcibly terminated it's still not working properly...seems I either have a peculiarity in my system configuration or have found a serious bug.