deluge 0.5.6.2:Lots of seeds, No connections

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
HorusEyes
New User
New User

Re: deluge 0.5.6.2:Lots of seeds, No connections

Post by HorusEyes »

Thx ^^

But it seems that 5.6.1 have the same problem with firefox when is donwloading huger torrents. : |
johnnyg
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Post by johnnyg »

does that happen even when deluge isn't downloading at all (or downloading at low speeds)?

it's normal to notice a delay when browsing the web if deluge is downloading at high speeds in the background (you have limited bandwidth and deluge is hogging it :twisted: ), for instance I normally have trouble with flash videos and what not. But you should still be able to surf most pages fine. However when deluge isn't downloading at all (or when the download speed is minimal) there should be no effect of deluge on your browsing.
paraver

Post by paraver »

avatarl wrote: Doesn't work? Can you send a new screenshot? How many connections does deluge report? Where did you set your upload? Go to the peer section and check if the connections are encrypted or not. Also, it would be good to enable the event log and check all fields related to connecting to peers and tracker connection/responses. Also tick "Other". Check if you notice anything strange in the log.

I noticed that the port is reported as open. Have you forwarded the port yourself or through deluge's UPnP? If you're manually forwarded the port in your router, disable deluge's UPnP.

I just noticed that your upload speed was limited to 3kb/s in your first screenshot. I hope you remedied that and got it around 15-20 at least.
From Deluge:

From another Torrent app:

(Note: Is the same torrent file)

I keept all the previous settings, and changed the upload to (-1) unlimited. I didn't changed the any configuration of deluge's UPnP. It's like the first instalation.

The speed... Well... is too slow... The best record that I have reached was 6 kb/s.

Just compare these 2 pictures... Lots of seeds, No connections. It's all the same... :evil:
Last edited by paraver on Wed Nov 07, 2007 8:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
paraver

Post by paraver »

Gank wrote:I have the exact same problems, it's a ISP issue, i think..

you're using Netcabo too? ,)

Somehow the encryption isn't working or Netcabo has found a way to block encripted bittorrent connections..they were already blocking normal bittorrent connections..

I think there is no relation with ISP. The pictures above shows everything. With Deluge I can't get any connections, and you see another result using the other application.
paraver

Post by paraver »

HorusEyes wrote: @paraver that fields in blank are some kind of bug.. if you continue to have blank fields the encription will not work.

You must unistal delude and delete the deluge folder.(not over yet)

Then you go to windows search, and run a search for "deluge". It should apear another deluge folder on Documents and Settings/your name/. (Delete this one too and all the other deluge files that windows search finds.

Now with all unistall and deleted, instal deluge again, run wizard but do not start the program right away. Before that you must delete the language folder PT and PT BR
that is on C:\Programas\Deluge\share\locale.

After all this you can run deluge, the fields shouldn't be in blank anymore and the encryption should work.
Thanks. I have done everything, except "C:\Programas\Deluge\share\locale". I will try it later.
devalian

Post by devalian »

had u solved? i juz read through the first page...

1) uninstall deluge
2) i juz delete the folder in this directory... c:\documents and settting\[user name]\deluge <-- i delete this folder
3) when installation, download microsoft applocale. use it n make it with english. if still cannot, then u nid to change ur windows regional setting->advanced-> english (united states)... it nid to reboot pc.
4) then only reinstall the deluge
5) dont use random port, use a specific port. why r ur router forward every port u use? this is dangerous for hacker to get in.
6) make sure the encrytion is now enabled for both stream.
HorusEyes
New User
New User

Post by HorusEyes »

johnnyg wrote:does that happen even when deluge isn't downloading at all (or downloading at low speeds)?

it's normal to notice a delay when browsing the web if deluge is downloading at high speeds in the background (you have limited bandwidth and deluge is hogging it :twisted: ), for instance I normally have trouble with flash videos and what not. But you should still be able to surf most pages fine. However when deluge isn't downloading at all (or when the download speed is minimal) there should be no effect of deluge on your browsing.
it happens even if deluge is only downloading 8kbytes/s of speed.

I have 3 major problem's with deluge.

1- deluge close tcp port's by himself.
2- few connections with peer's(slow speeds - i think this is related with number 1)
3- firefox dont respond while deluge is running. (i mean dont open at all, not just refresh... if firefox close then it wont open unless i close deluge)

the first time i installed deluge the speed was almost allways 400-900kbytes/s... Now im very lucky if reach 100kbytes/s . : (
seperlinky

Post by seperlinky »

i am having the similar issue. I am not sure if deluge closes the TCP or ISP is sending TCP Reset packet

I have some feelings that ISP is throttling it
paraver

Post by paraver »

It works! Thanks for help, to everyone. :D
singular

Post by singular »

Hi!

Have a similar problem.
The port test is successful, disabled firewall, but the download just doesn't start.
No problem with uTorrent.