deluge 0.5.6.2:Lots of seeds, No connections

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
Leecher
Leecher

Re: deluge 0.5.6.2:Lots of seeds, No connections

Post by avatarl »

The wizard shouldn't have given you only 20 global connections (or unlimited) with a 256-512kbs. Manually limit your upload to 20-50kb/s and set your global connections to 200-300 and try again.
markybob
Compulsive Poster
Compulsive Poster

Post by markybob »

paraver wrote:About the Encryption fields, beside that blank space the other option is to disable.
you should translate those fields into your language so you'll be able to actually set the settings. https://translations.edge.launchpad.net ... ots/deluge
paraver

Post by paraver »

avatarl wrote:The wizard shouldn't have given you only 20 global connections (or unlimited) with a 256-512kbs. Manually limit your upload to 20-50kb/s and set your global connections to 200-300 and try again.
Thanks for tip. Tried that, but nothing change.
paraver

Post by paraver »

markybob wrote:
paraver wrote:About the Encryption fields, beside that blank space the other option is to disable.
you should translate those fields into your language so you'll be able to actually set the settings. https://translations.edge.launchpad.net ... ots/deluge
I choose the english to install, and do not know why is installed the portuguese version.
Leecher
Leecher

Post by avatarl »

paraver wrote:
avatarl wrote:The wizard shouldn't have given you only 20 global connections (or unlimited) with a 256-512kbs. Manually limit your upload to 20-50kb/s and set your global connections to 200-300 and try again.
Thanks for tip. Tried that, but nothing change.
Doesn't work? Can you send a new screenshot? How many connections does deluge report? Where did you set your upload? Go to the peer section and check if the connections are encrypted or not. Also, it would be good to enable the event log and check all fields related to connecting to peers and tracker connection/responses. Also tick "Other". Check if you notice anything strange in the log.

I noticed that the port is reported as open. Have you forwarded the port yourself or through deluge's UPnP? If you're manually forwarded the port in your router, disable deluge's UPnP.

I just noticed that your upload speed was limited to 3kb/s in your first screenshot. I hope you remedied that and got it around 15-20 at least.
jintonico
New User
New User

Post by jintonico »

Hi:

I have exactly the same problem as paraver... everthing worked fine with deluge till 0.5.6.2
Could this be a bug? i've noticed that, for exemple the icon that the sttings from the icon that stay's in system tray they don't work... i can set upload or download speed and don't do anything... i have to set it in preferences

Edit: It's definitly a bug... i've been playing around with settings and exiting and runing again deluge and i've managed to get 300k doanload speed (the max i can select in tray menu). In the moment, i can only download @ 40k that is my usual setting for uploads... i'm almost sure it is a bug!!
Gank

Post by Gank »

I have the exact same problems, it's a ISP issue, i think..

you're using Netcabo too? ,)

Somehow the encryption isn't working or Netcabo has found a way to block encripted bittorrent connections..they were already blocking normal bittorrent connections..
jintonico
New User
New User

Post by jintonico »

Yape, i'm using Netcabo too...

I've started to use deluge becouse of it encripation... and it worked verry fine till now... must be a bug... i download more fast with another clients that with deluge (even with traffic shaping)

I have torrents with seeds and leechers that don't start, torrents that only download @ 3-4k where usually i download @ 1.4Mb really strange...
Yesterday i was playing with setting's and i've managed do make some downloads @ full speed... today i've tryed the same with no luck

The only thing we have to do is to w8 for a developer say something...
HorusEyes
New User
New User

Post by HorusEyes »

I have the same problem but only in very large torrents with many peers and seed's.

It seem's that deluge only connects to a few peer's and the speed is only 7kbytes/s. (Im talking about 6GB's torrents)

In small torrents 1GB's theres no problem.. but theres another thing. Every Time i start deluge firefox stops responding... I cant open firefox and when firefox is already open he dont refresh page's like if there is no internet.. but if i turn off deluge all come's back to normal.

So can you fix this or can you put for download vers 0.5.6.1? i never had this type of problems with 0.5.6.1 where can i download again this version??

@paraver that fields in blank are some kind of bug.. if you continue to have blank fields the encription will not work.

You must unistal delude and delete the deluge folder.(not over yet)

Then you go to windows search, and run a search for "deluge". It should apear another deluge folder on Documents and Settings/your name/. (Delete this one too and all the other deluge files that windows search finds.

Now with all unistall and deleted, instal deluge again, run wizard but do not start the program right away. Before that you must delete the language folder PT and PT BR
that is on C:\Programas\Deluge\share\locale.

After all this you can run deluge, the fields shouldn't be in blank anymore and the encryption should work.

PS: I have another bug... I cant add torrents that are on "Descktop".
johnnyg
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Post by johnnyg »

HorusEyes wrote:i never had this type of problems with 0.5.6.1 where can i download again this version??
http://download.deluge-torrent.org/inde ... s/0.5.6.1/