Deluge 0.5.6.1 kills my connection. Port 80 only?

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
hypermute

Deluge 0.5.6.1 kills my connection. Port 80 only?

Post by hypermute »

Hi,

once more Deluge kills my connection on Gutsy. I'll give you some info, hope that helps:

Before the update to 0.5.6.1:
- Max connections: 110, Max half-open: 50, fritz.box 7050 router
- Prior problems (cheap router crash) solved thanks to a magic trick: Using different ports

Now to my problem:
1) Deluge connects to a tracker and downloads.
2) Shortly after that browser (Epiphany) and IM (Pidgin) cannot establish any connection.
3) But I can still play PokerTh online. As far as I know, it doesn't rely on port 80.
4) After rebooting, surfing and instant messaging experiences are back to normal.

Deluge still is a great client. I love it. But unfortunately, the connection-problems have returned. And, I cannot quit Deluge properly.

---*---
UPDATE:
I just downgraded to Deluge 0.5.5. The first time running, downloads soon drop to something around 0.5 KBs. Surfing is very slow. Poker chat works. Connecting to the game server doesn't. Server address cannot be resolved.
Now it works again. Can connect to game server. Deluge downloads. It seem like, the connection is not beeing killed but periodically becomes very slow. /// Up and down /// Up and down /// (That rules out the 80-only theory, doesn't it?)

Quitting Deluge resolves the other problems.
---*---

---*---
UPDATE 2:
Changing the tracker for the same torrent didn't help. Will try a fresh config. Maybe downgraded client and upgraded config don't like each other.
---*---

---*---
UPDATE 3:
I give up for today. Neither downgrading nor downgrading + fresh config worked. Maybe it's not the client...
---*---
Rynor
New User
New User

Re: Deluge 0.5.6.1 kills my connection. Port 80 only?

Post by Rynor »

Maybe you should try another router.
hypermute

Post by hypermute »

Hmm... before Deluge 0.5... everything was fine.
markybob
Compulsive Poster
Compulsive Poster

Post by markybob »

max half open of 50 is crazy. keep it around 8...that's why it's the default :p also limit your upload slots to about 3 if you're having problems. upload speed should be 70% of your upload capacity
hypermute

Post by hypermute »

Thank you. I will try that later. Right now, Deluge is still downgraded. Version 0.5.5 does not allow changin half-open connections, as far as I can see.