Move storage suddenly stopped working on Windows Deluge 1.3.15

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
dimitri
New User
New User

Move storage suddenly stopped working on Windows Deluge 1.3.15

Post by dimitri »

I have the latest version of Deluge for Windows. Suddenly two days ago, after years of working properly the Move Storage option does not work.

I have restarted Deluge, and also restarted the computer but the Move Storage option does not work.

My only solution is to delete the torrent, and re-add it using the new Storage ( my external HDD). This is cumbersome and unnecessary if I can see how to solve the Move Storage option.

Hope someone can provide a solution.
shinger
Leecher
Leecher

Re: Move storage suddenly stopped working on Windows Deluge 1.3.15

Post by shinger »

Hi,

I am not a Windows user, but could it be that your external storage is using a different filesystem (exfat/fat32), while your OS is using NTFS. Also, could you try and move the storage to a different directory WITHIN the partition of the OS it self and not external storage.
===============================================================
Server: Rock 5B 8 Cores (ARM), 16 GB RAM, 2 TB 970 Evo +
Deluge: v2.1.1
Plugins: Blocklist, LabelPlus, ItConfig, MyScheduler, Stats, Notifications, YaRSS2
ambipro

Re: Move storage suddenly stopped working on Windows Deluge 1.3.15

Post by ambipro »

I'm curious if there are also perhaps some ownership/permissions issues, these do exist within windows although are rare to cause issues unless the storage is from another computer or something.

You could try running Deluge as administrator to see if this perhaps resolves it, and if so you would have to change the ownership/permissions on the folders on the destination drive.