Deluge in Docker error - Torrent id not in torrents loading list

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
beatsbymax
New User
New User

Deluge in Docker error - Torrent id not in torrents loading list

Post by beatsbymax »

I am running deluge in a docker container on CentOS 7. Its network is going through another container running expressVPN. Whenever I attempt a download through Radarr (or any download for that matter), I receive the error in deluge "Torrent id not in torrents loading list: '[REDACTED-HASH]'". The download never starts. The only other error that comes up is in the web UI next to Tracker Status. It reads: "error host not found (non-authoritative) try again later".

deluge container
ping 8.8.8.8 - works
curl ifocnfig.io - does not resolve

vpn container
ping - works
curl ifconfig.io - resolves

I have tried many things but would revert settings when it didn't fix my issue so settings are pretty much default. I have only added downloads folders. My networking knowledge is definitely lacking and I believe that is where the problem lies so any help is appreciated.

edit: I wouldn't advise posting torrent infohash's - I've redacted it for you.
//ambipro
ambipro

Re: Deluge in Docker error - Torrent id not in torrents loading list

Post by ambipro »

I'd assume you haven't realized that trying to have VPN containers communicate with other containers tends to cause problems?

Most VPN containers require extra configuration for container -> container communication, because all traffic except that routed through the VPN is going to be (or should be) blocked.

You need to look into split tunneling, or allowing specific hosts or custom networks in docker through the VPN and firewall rules in the container.

Also, ExpressVPN is a horrible choice for a torrenting VPN. They don't support port forwarding and they aren't particularly fast.
beatsbymax
New User
New User

Post by beatsbymax »

I did not realize it would cause problems no.
What would be a better way to set this up? Install the vpn and deluge in the same container? Or attempt split tunneling with the setup I have now.
Also do you have a recommendation for a better vpn? My subscription with express is expiring soon anyway.
ambipro

Post by ambipro »

viewtopic.php?p=237465

It's covered in the that thread, and as far as the setup for this goes, it would entirely depend on your networking setup, OS, which images you use, and what you're usage case looks like. It's not a one-solution-fits-all type of thing.

Google is your friend though, or post on the github/repo for the image you're using...This is a common subject that has been covered from many angles already.
beatsbymax
New User
New User

Post by beatsbymax »

Thank you for taking the time to respond. I appreciate it
beatsbymax
New User
New User

Post by beatsbymax »

Switching vpns to PIA fixed my issue. Thanks for the help
ambipro

Post by ambipro »

glad you got it sorted, sorry i couldnt provide a more specific answer :)