Deluge ignores file selection

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
rez

Re: Deluge ignores file selection

Post by rez »

Sadly, I have nothing significant to report at the moment. Web UI still behaves inconsistently with or without first/last pieces priority, deluge-console is fine.
What I have remembered about previous working setup I reported: it was an upgrade from 1.3.5, so maybe I had different (and correct) behavior in 2.0.3 due to older libtorrent or configuration or anything else. Will try later to perform clean install of 2.0.3-3.1 on virtualbox when weekend comes.
If there's something I can test to provide more details, please tell me.
mhertz

Post by mhertz »

OK I ran about 30 tests now, and found here locally the same as I reported last, except that with the prio-first/last option enabled on libtorrent 1.2.19, then first was hit and miss, where 3 out of 8 tests failed still, where last I got 2 in row with, and 2 in row without, so called it a day, but repeated testing showed otherwise, sorry about that. A later set of tests with same, after restart of daemon, failed 3 out of 3 times. However, I don't see what you report here though, as this was with the option on, and on libtorrent 1.2.x as said. With the option off, I haven't been able to break it still, neither on 1.2.19 or libtorrent 2.0.9. With it on, it always breaks in 2.0.9 as before.

Btw, I always test with macos-collection_archive.torrent(site:archive.org) and take the first release 6GB in size, for this test, if possibly matters.

I'm little fed up with this test-scenario right now honestly lol, but probably tomorow I will test in a VM your exact release(s) to confirm my findings, or yours :)
rez

Post by rez »

mhertz wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 6:44 pm I'm little fed up with this test-scenario right now honestly lol, but probably tomorow I will test in a VM your exact release(s) to confirm my findings, or yours :)
I understand this could be something not obvious and not that major (because otherwise it would've been reported by now I think). Thank you for trying to catch this one!
mhertz

Post by mhertz »

You're welcome, though sadly I have nothing useful to add i'm affraid.

I tested a quick debian 12 minimal install with openbox in a VM and added the 2.12-dev0 package from trixie, which keeps the previous libtorrent at still 2.0.8 unless I forced it, which I didn't(I also btw tested the 2.0.3-4 before that). It worked as you said in deluge-console regardless of prio-first-last setting, though same as before with web-UI i.e. dependant on that setting specifically. I had libtorrent 2.0.9 locally, so downgraded to 2.0.8, and tested deluge-console as speculated that was the culprit for our differences for that UI atleast, and it worked also there, irregardless of the option, but then after having gone back to 2.0.9 to reproduce it, which I did, and then back to 2.0.8 to again confirm, it of-course began to fail again, and even failing at prio-first-last false too, as the 1.2.x had done momentarilly previously, so in all, extremelly inconsistent and no clear picture to gain, when can get a bunch of confident tests and then breaks without rime or reason sometime later.

The code controlling this in deluge, and the related libtorrent call, is over my head, so must just hope Cas or djlegolas or other good people can look into it for us at a point.

Sorry couldn't help you as said.