Stop at seed ratio resets itself

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
diodorus
New User
New User

Stop at seed ratio resets itself

Post by diodorus »

Hello!
I just installed deluge(d) 2.03 server (on debian, running as a service), and client 2.1.1 in win10.
Every time I stop and (re)start the process, the stop_seed_ratio in the config text file is changed to a value (0.6999999) close to the one in the client GUI preferences (0.7).
How can I prevent that? And anyway, those ratio settings seem to be actually ignored, i.e. it seeds even beyond those ratios.
Any ideas?
Thanks!
mhertz

Re: Stop at seed ratio resets itself

Post by mhertz »

Sounds like ungraceful shutdown(as not done with these, or in those circumstances), and I also remember a user recently posting about such(ungraceful shutdown) upon using that exact version, and it got fixed by upgrading libtorrent from pypa with pip(and before that, temporarilly with deleting session.state of profile whenever issue happens). I'd though recommend upgrading deluge too, as old version with lots small fixes and as old version still has a few small bugs filling log-file/memory up quick with error messages from python and twisted upgrades etc.

Those 3 options are used to control queue rotation when exceeding total active allowed - read more about it from googling e.g. "deluge seed rotation" etc.