[SOLVED] Default Filter on WebUI Login?

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
greendude120

Re: [SOLVED] Default Filter on WebUI Login?

Post by greendude120 »

Ok I have put delay0.1.egg in appdata/deluge/plugins. then i rebooted deluge a couple times but in the parent folder there is still no delay.conf. i see the other confs there like startfilter.conf and web_plugin.conf but not yours.

EDIT: oh while the above may be true, i do now see "delay" as a plugin when on my tablet's webui. I dont see it windows client side nor the .conf but i can now set the time when on webui via browser. ty!
mhertz

Post by mhertz »

I apologize, I uploaded a test version I see, where I had commented out the pause/resume session and changing filter, and instead messed with the currently loaded torrentlist, doh, I can't believe I can be that stupid at times lol, but we're all human and all I guess, but damn... :)

I uploaded link again.

I now tested it also in windows, on my win10 test VM, and changed it to non-thinclient and with webUI plugin to mimic yours, and it worked here and generated the delay.conf in %appdata%/deluge upon first run. As said, sometimes need refresh the webpage before plugin preferences show up in webUI, just how it is with deluge webUI plugins unfortunetly(browser shows old cached view) - I didn't though need that here. It's normal that on the windows app you can only see the plugin enabled, or enable/disable it, and no plugin preferences comes up - it's not the same as startfilter plugin. You only have preferences in webUI, so in browser, because it only makes a difference in webUI, nothing else, hence misleading provide settings also in the GTKUI app. If works, then I will merge it wilh startfilter plugin, but neither happy with the way it works currently, or with startfilter, as not works with many torrents ambipro tested, so meh, but just elaborating. Anyway, hope help little bit for now buddy.
greendude120

Post by greendude120 »

Thanks for the clarification. I was indeed able to get delay.conf this time and i have set the timer in it like so:

Code: Select all

{
    "file": 1,
    "format": 1
}{
    "time": 17
}
Thanks I will update after testing!
mhertz

Post by mhertz »

Here's a version of the web-ui plugin clearing all torrents in the default view('All' filter) and then changes to 'Active' filter. I really dislike the pause_session() workaround personally, so would be cool if this instead worked, but not sure as said(with many torrents I mean). No config-file or web-ui plugin-prefs page here - also made logic not run when detected preferences open i.e. when initially enabling plugin.
delay-0.1.egg
greendude120

Post by greendude120 »

Hey again. Have been a bit busy but I got around to trying the last version with pause_session and it didnt work in the end. I always get to the Add torrent button in the time allocated but i cant click it until everything has loaded in fully after the delay. But I see you have a new version to try so i will download this new .egg and give that a try and report back. Thanks!
mhertz

Post by mhertz »

No rush and sorry former didn't work. Thanks buddy.
greendude120

Post by greendude120 »

Amazing news! It worked! I was able to load in, add a torrent and actually submit it. Of course the torrents did seem to be frozen in time for the duration of the full load but when it finally refreshed i saw my download had already some progress on it so it had submitted correctly. This means i can open it, add a torrent and then go back to another webpage and grab another link all without interruption which is exactly what I wanted. Thank you!!!!

note: sample size of just one so ill come back and update on more torrents but for now thats all i had hehe
ambipro

Post by ambipro »

Good news, another class act by mhertz
mhertz

Post by mhertz »

@greendude, you too my friend, thanks for all testing and feedback likewise, and much happy we found something to help in end :)

@ambipro, Sweetest person ever, thanks for being my friend buddy :)
greendude120

Post by greendude120 »

Tried it again and it worked. Only takes about 5 secs for my tablet to properly load the UI and be ready to add torrents then im definitely able to add a torrent and go back to another webpage to grab the next torrent. Second torrent worked well too.

The only thing I noticed and for me is not important at all, i wouldnt ask u to fix this but im telling u in case u want to fix it for the sake of completeness is that the Active/Downloading/Seeding filters on the left which have the number of seeds in brackets like Downloading (0) do not update until i switch filters. so for example i submit my torrent and the Active (5) and Downloading (0) stay the same. but when i click Downloading, then all the numbers update and i can see my torrent had properly gone thru and is downloading.

Really the important part is that it works without freezing up so again Im not asking u to fix this i just thought u may want to know. me for this is case closed and I recommend you link your plugin once more if u reply so that googlers can find it on the last page. ill edit my post too. Thanks so much again!