[SOLVED] Default Filter on WebUI Login?

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
mhertz

Re: [SOLVED] Default Filter on WebUI Login?

Post by mhertz »

Nothing new really, just slight update about I finally found out how change the darn sidebar-filter from webUI, when no API for it, so updated my last posted link, where pauses session, changes filter(just hard-coded 'active' for know, well second in list without sidebar_show_zero) and unpauses session after x secs defined in prefs. Also fixed a few semantics. Btw, also found out e.g. how clear the torrent-list completely, interacting with the store in torrentgrid.js, and so should be there the filtering could be done potentially, and a torrents dict is there, with loaded torrents, with said store connected. Just something for me to think about I guess, if going next step besides sidebar switching, but as said, didn't help in GTK-UI with many torrents apparently anyway, so meh. For anybody possibly interested finding this in google-search later, then you need a delay in the plugin code, because otherwise plugin loads before the store of torrentgrid loads, and same with sidebar switching, hence why I couldn't do it before, well just as much honestly because needing find correct way going about it, alot trial and error lol, but anyway, could maybe save others a few weeks of headache lol - it's same as with GTK-UI btw, can't believe didn't thought of that before when failed, as had banged head against wall with same for the GTK-UI a few years ago before finally noticing :)
greendude120

Post by greendude120 »

Thanks a ton for your continued work and your update. I had tested the last js with a value change from 5secs to 10s and it allowed me time to get to the add button and click it. it didnt add the torrent until the minute had past but then it did so while I cant chain add torrents, at least the first one is added and then i can move onto grabbing the next url on my tablet's copy/paste so it kinda works out. i'll download the new .egg and give that a try. TY

EDIT: Actually how do i set the delay? When i install and enable the 'delay' plugin i dont get a new tab like the startfilter one has. And when i open .egg in notepad its like im opening a binary file. Sorry for my ignorance hehe
Last edited by greendude120 on Wed Jan 03, 2024 10:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ambipro

Post by ambipro »

The .egg is essentially a zip file with package information and the python source, you wouldn't edit it directly.

If it's configurable there would be a conf file in the main config directory, where you see core.conf and other files. Not sure what mhertz did with that though so will have to wait for his reply.
mhertz

Post by mhertz »

You're welcome buddy.

As ambipro kindly elaborated, there's a delay.conf config file in your deluge profile, with a 'time' setting, but also is a web-ui preferences page/tab under web-ui preferences to set the delay for said 'time' setting - It's not showing such in gtk-ui as I disabled it specifically(though listed as installed/enabled and can be disabled from there too, just no prefs page/tab there) as this just is a web-ui "test" plugin of sorts - in my last egg posted I missed another place needing disable connections for gtk-ui, 4 places in all but got it now, plus fixed a few warnings in js console/devtools and whatnot. I just manually copied egg into plugins sub-dir of deluge profile dir and restarted deluged and enabled plugin in web-ui - sometimes needing a web page refresh before web-ui preferences of an enabled plugin emerges I noticed, not usually needed, but at rare occasions is needed I found, and not related to my plugin, and all plugins in general can experience that. If not this, then I made a mistake and will fix it, and I'll recheck little later today when on my computer, but atleast did work yesterday. I'll update this post if I found an issue.
greendude120

Post by greendude120 »

mhertz wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 11:22 am You're welcome buddy.

As ambipro kindly elaborated, there's a delay.conf config file in your deluge profile, with a 'time' setting, but also is a web-ui preferences page/tab under web-ui preferences to set the delay for said 'time' setting
I had gone to plugins tab and clicked Install and selected egg. this provided no new options in preferences either in client or webui. since reading your post i put the egg file into the plugins folder manually and restarted but still no difference. i also couldnt find delay.conf anywhere. sorry i must be doing something wrong but i cant seem to figure it out
ambipro

Post by ambipro »

If you are using thin client you need to put it in both the daemon's plugins folder and your plugin folder....the conf will be in the daemon's though.
greendude120

Post by greendude120 »

ambipro wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 10:23 pm If you are using thin client you need to put it in both the daemon's plugins folder and your plugin folder....the conf will be in the daemon's though.
On PC i use normal client and on tablet i use webui. AFAIK ive never used thin client.
mhertz

Post by mhertz »

We'll figure it out :) SInce this is only for webUI, then you need plugin only on the daemon side, where deluged/webUI reside, in that plugins dir of profile. I btw see that I forgot have the delay.conf write right away at daemon load, which I usually do, but just forgot here - it's for if not using any UIs and need configure something from console - otherwise the conf only written upon entering preferences and pressing OK under plugin prefs, changing something or not, so currently normal see no conf, sorry, forgot, will update little later today, but isn't your issue - I tested it now many times, and always comes up, that preferences page, so as ambipro kindly stated, you must have it in wrong place - you don't need both places for webUI, only thinclient, so GTKUI in daemon and client mode, and I don't support that here anyway, well except enabling or disabling plugin, but I only added code for webUI specifically here, so no GTK-UI prefs comes up, as I disabled it. So, add it to the profile of computer running deluged and deluge-web, and not your local computer. Or you're sure you already do that? (Copying plugin into server's deluge profile, probably /var/lib/deluge/.config/deluge/plugins' or alike) and restart deluged/deluge-web)

Edit: Done.
greendude120

Post by greendude120 »

Im not on linux , im on windows. theres only one plugin folder i can find and i put it there C:\Program Files\Deluge\deluge\plugins. i cannot find the other location you referenced. My windows client has the webui plugin to enable webui for my tablet.
mhertz

Post by mhertz »

Yeah I'm an idiot sorry, I remembered earlier today when thinking about it, but thought was too late to edit at the time and didn't visit here neither, I mean you being on windows. Sorry bro, its in %appdata%\deluge\plugins, and you should see also a delay.conf in there in newest plugin version(parent folder, 'deluge' not 'deluge/plugins') at restarting deluged next time, or deluge, as probably use non-thinclient mode, so classic/standalone mode, with webui plugin enabled as you said before you thought didn't use thinclient mode, fine of-course. Btw I need change to check for if in preferences or not initially, because currently runs when first time enabling it also - not that big issue, but makes better sense first starting running it's code upon next page refresh, when not in preferences.