[SOLVED] Default Filter on WebUI Login?

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
greendude120

[SOLVED] Default Filter on WebUI Login?

Post by greendude120 »

I have thousands of torrents so when I log into webui on any browser it will lock me out for a good 60 secs. Even if i manage to instantly click a filter it will still be unresponsive until its done loading all the torrents. However once it switches to a filter with few or no torrents, everything is nice and fast. So what I'd like to configure if possible is a way to default a filter like Active or Checking where no activity is present this way I can immediately begin adding torrents. Any suggestions on doing that if possible? If not then consider it my suggestion. Thanks!

EDIT -> SOLVED: This was solved thanks to Mhertz who created a plugin to solve my problem. His download link is in his post here: viewtopic.php?p=237722#p237722
Last edited by greendude120 on Sun Jan 28, 2024 2:24 am, edited 2 times in total.
ambipro

Re: Default Filter on WebUI Login?

Post by ambipro »

I believe @mhertz did this for another user here, I'll see if I can find it but it might be better to assume he will chime in here.

It might have been for the client, I can't remember.
ambipro

Post by ambipro »

Found it:

viewtopic.php?p=236469#p236469

Read the thread and make sure this is what you're asking for before just running it.
greendude120

Post by greendude120 »

That's what I want but for webui. Im not sure if that plugin is windows client only.
Last edited by greendude120 on Sat Nov 25, 2023 8:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mhertz

Post by mhertz »

@ambipro, thanks bro, appreciate the reference :)

@greendude120, I maybe look little at it, at a later time, but no promises... Also, webUI isn't something i'm terribly aquinted with as is, honestly, but if do decide mess little with it, and find something, then will post back.
ambipro

Post by ambipro »

mhertz wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2023 11:02 pm @ambipro, thanks bro, appreciate the reference :)

@greendude120, I maybe look little at it, at a later time, but no promises... Also, webUI isn't something i'm terribly aquinted with as is, honestly, but if do decide mess little with it, and find something, then will post back.
If you send the initial web.update_ui command on load, with the parameter "state" to "Active" it should load those torrents only, whether the UI will reflect this I have no idea.

This would be in the js code though, not python....a thread to pull on if you decide to take this on.
greendude120

Post by greendude120 »

Unfortunately i wont be the one to do this because I cant program but if you guys decide to tackle it and want me to do some testing and report back im happy to help in that way. In any case I appreciate both of your time and responses.

edit: i tried the plugin and i can confirm it works on Windows client but doesnt on webui sadly
Last edited by greendude120 on Sun Nov 26, 2023 1:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
mhertz

Post by mhertz »

Nice, that's the main fix then seemingly from ambipro, I didn't know that, thanks for the help bro! :) If look into it, then it's your credit :)
Should probably look into it now after getting served the main solution on a platter, and the appreciative classy response by greendude120, but e.g in the Python API then a plugin gets loaded before the filters loaded through so have to wait and check for that, well still works but not select correct filter afterwards etc if remember right, plus other semantics, and I'm useless almost at js, but as said if decide stop being lazy and look into it, and if even can, then will post back.

Thanks guys :)
ambipro

Post by ambipro »

mhertz wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2023 10:50 am Nice, that's the main fix then seemingly from ambipro, I didn't know that, thanks for the help bro! :) If look into it, then it's your credit :)
Should probably look into it now after getting served the main solution on a platter, and the appreciative classy response by greendude120, but e.g in the Python API then a plugin gets loaded before the filters loaded through so have to wait and check for that, well still works but not select correct filter afterwards etc if remember right, plus other semantics, and I'm useless almost at js, but as said if decide stop being lazy and look into it, and if even can, then will post back.

Thanks guys :)
I'll take a look....but I don't really have a dev environment for Deluge setup and its not going to be a plugin lol
mhertz

Post by mhertz »

Cool :) In the source it's probably the filter* file under /UI/web/JS, cannot remember full name/exact location, and then nicely don't need rebuild on windows, as the deluge-all file, cannot remember if named debug or not, including that filter* file, minified or whatever right terminology, isn't freesed so can be replaced at will after edited/fixed, under deluge's installed location. Don't take to literal, might be wrong here... And you don't need my help neither, just small comment regardless :) Thanks.