Problems with Scheduler

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
saflyfish
New User
New User

Problems with Scheduler

Post by saflyfish »

Ive just switched from uTorrent to Deluge.
I have set the scheduler to download from 12am - 6am monday to sunday so that block is all in green and the rest of the scheduler is in red.
The problem im having is if i search for a torrent (not in deluge),find it,click on it and Deluge opens it tries to add the files ive selected,it comes up with an error saying cant add files.In the bottom right hand corner it says "port error" and the little clock icon is in RED.
I then go to scheduler and make those blocks of time "Green" and then the files get added to my download list.
This is not how uTorrent works,set the scheduler and you can add a torrent any time of day even though the scheduler is blocked Red for downloading.

Is there a way to get deluge to do the same as utorrent?

Thanks in advance...
mhertz

Re: Problems with Scheduler

Post by mhertz »

I read the code and saw what I thought was the issue i.e. whole session.paused() as might doing this, and thought about if I felt like trying messing little with it or not, but then decided to atleast verify the issue first, but however I cannot reproduce your issue i.e. works in thinclient and standallone on linux, and thinclient and standalone on my windows 10 VM, and even tested both libtorrent 1.2.x and 2.x there, plus hiding add-torrent dialog etc, which before affected something I remember. I tested on linux through 'xdg-open <torrent>' which is same as clicking a link in e.g. browser, and on windows I tested a torrent link on firefox.

So, i'm affraid there is something "special" on your end doing this. If was an actual general issue, then only thing I could think about, was hooking into torrent-added, and temporarilly resume.session() to "let thru", but not sure if happens fast enough to catch before errors out, and would mean slight traffic happening for few secs every time etc, though as said, not even seemingly needed, as something on your end doing this.
saflyfish
New User
New User

Post by saflyfish »

For some reason when the scheduler is active and the time is blocked in red I cannot add torrents to my download list.
As soon as I go back into scheduler change that red block to a green block,then I can add torrents(not download).
What I’ll have to do now is set the scheduler as per my 1st post,then click the red block(for that time period) to make it green.
Then I’ll have to add torrents,then go back in scheduler and change green block to red again.
It’s annoying and takes so many extra steps.
mhertz

Post by mhertz »

I did understand that, but problem is I couldn't reproduce(here adds correctly in paused state). Please give me a scenario for reproducal thanks(like browser, page or where ever getting link from, and other special circumstances).
ambipro

Post by ambipro »

mhertz wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2023 9:09 am I did understand that, but problem is I couldn't reproduce(here adds correctly in paused state). Please give me a scenario for reproducal thanks(like browser, page or where ever getting link from, and other special circumstances).
Version of Deluge would probably be helpful too....
saflyfish
New User
New User

Post by saflyfish »

Im using Deluge 2.1.1 on Windows 8 64b bit
mhertz

Post by mhertz »

Thanks, also to ambipro, but could you please give me some more to go by, if wanting this looked into that is...
saflyfish
New User
New User

Post by saflyfish »

I appreciate your help mhertz
Ok so ill go to the PB and search for John Wick 4.I will select one torrent.This will take me to the download page.I click on the Magnet Link and after a few seconds Deluge opens and the popup says "Please wait for files".This goes on for about 20s then i get the message "Unable to download files for this torrent".
The bottom right hand corner the scheduler mini icon is red.It says "No incoming connections,check port forwading".
If i then go to scheduler and make a red block green(for the time period im in) click the Magnet Link again an suddenly the files are added to my download list.Hope this helps
mhertz

Post by mhertz »

Thanks buddy, and you're welcome :)

I feel stupid, sorry, as forgot even test magnets I see doh! Indeed it is as you say, which I could also pretty much tell by reading your message, as magnets go through an extra step(prefetching metadata), to get file-info and let you select/deselct initially, and that won't work when deluge(libtorrent) session paused. However, you just simply press 'add' right away, instead of waiting for the dialog to error out, and actually also still lets you add the torrent after error'ed out too, just no reason waiting for, as will never work when schedular enabled and time defined as blocked. With thinclient mode enabled, then on linux had to press escape and then 'add' before could add for some reason, but on windows I couldn't reproduce that, and 'add' fine regardless. Also, if de-selecting 'preferences > downloads > always show' then will not show the error and add automatically right away, because when disabling the add-torrent dialog, then no-need prefetching metadata for magnets neither(used for supporting to deselct files initially).

Sorry again for stating not an issue initially. The prefetcher code probably should have a check for this, to conditionally disable, but it's easy enough to workaround yousrelf, and so not something I will add myself and rebuild to supply fixed exe, when no ill effect in essense, when knowing it.
saflyfish
New User
New User

Post by saflyfish »

Youre a genius!!
It works as you said.I also disabled "Always show" and now the torrent goes directly into my download list (dont have to click Add) even though the Scheduler is Red.
I have one more question? If the Scheduler is set ALL to red is there a way to "Force Start" a download if i want to bypass the scheduler for that download at the time im on my pc.With uTorrent you can right click on a torrent and select "Force Start" and it bypasses the scheduler and downloads immediately.
Thanks again for your help