Torrent owner change in GTK thin Client

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
darcmandeluge
New User
New User

Torrent owner change in GTK thin Client

Post by darcmandeluge »

Hi there,

In the first version of version 2.0.0 the ability to change the owner of the torrent was available in the thin client interface. With the latest version, this is no longer there. Or at least I can't find it.

This is not a filesystem or permissions ownership issue, but more on how Deluge identifies which one of the users in the auth file added the torrent. Ones that are added by the server, all say admin (localhost) in the thin client. But all the ones added manually to deluge by myself in the thinclient show the owner as my name since that's what I originally setup as the login for it.

It's not hurting anything, but it bugs me that I can't change it.

Any suggestions for fixing this or does anyone know when it disappeared?

Thank you.
Attachments
screen shot
screen shot
Untitled.jpg (172.45 KiB) Viewed 19650 times
mhertz

Re: Torrent owner change in GTK thin Client

Post by mhertz »

You're right, thanks for reporting! :) I located the issue and made a bug-ticket.

Linux users can change themselves the source meanwhile, if wanted, e.g. in deluge 2.1.1 change from line 587 of here '/usr/lib/python3.11/site-packages/deluge/ui/gtk3/menubar.py', from:

Code: Select all

item = Gtk.RadioMenuItem.new_with_label(maingroup, username)

To:

item = Gtk.RadioMenuItem(group=maingroup, label=username)
Windows users(such as reporter), sadly will have to wait for official fix, as the source files not available to edit there.

@darcmandeluge, when you say the server uses 'localclient' for added files, then seemingly you refer to autoadd plugin, which has an option for setting owner, and uses 'localclient' if nothing set I see. Just in case not aware.

Thanks again.
mhertz

Post by mhertz »

Fixed build of deluge.exe for windows(deluge 2.1.1 x64, libtorrent version irrelevant - Replace '%programfiles%\Deluge\deluge.exe' - My build has 3 false-positives on virustotal, from none of main popular ones, and original deluge.exe 2 false-positives on virustotal)

Fixed menubar.py for linux(deluge 2.1.1 - Replace e.g.here '/usr/lib/python3.11/site-packages/deluge/ui/gtk3/menubar.py')

Alternative one-liner making above change for linux:

sudo find /usr -path "*/deluge/ui/gtk3/menubar.py" -exec sed -i 's/.new_with_label(maingroup, /(group=maingroup, label=/' {} \;
ambipro

Post by ambipro »

mhertz wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2023 1:47 pm Fixed build of deluge.exe for windows(deluge 2.1.1 x64, libtorrent version irrelevant - Replace '%programfiles%\Deluge\deluge.exe' - My build has 3 false-positives on virustotal, from none of main popular ones, and original deluge.exe 2 false-positives on virustotal)

Fixed menubar.py for linux(deluge 2.1.1 - Replace e.g.here '/usr/lib/python3.11/site-packages/deluge/ui/gtk3/menubar.py')

Alternative one-liner making above change for linux:

sudo find /usr -path "*/deluge/ui/gtk3/menubar.py" -exec sed -i 's/.new_with_label(maingroup, /(group=maingroup, label=/' {} \;
What a boss.
mhertz

Post by mhertz »

Lol thanks for the smile my friend :) But in all seriousness, what a kind thing to say, uplifting and chearing on others for small things like this, but not gonna lie makes me happy, thanks alot my friend, appreciate you!