Autoadd broken in WebUI

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
Vetusiratus
New User
New User

Autoadd broken in WebUI

Post by Vetusiratus »

Running Deluge on an Arch VM, accessing through Web UI. Trying to get autoadd to work, however in the UI the autoadd tab is not working at all - nothing happens when I click on it.

Is this a known issue and is there any fix? If not, is it possible to manually edit some config file to specify an autoadd directory?
Vetusiratus
New User
New User

Re: Autoadd broken in WebUI

Post by Vetusiratus »

Okay, so found the autoadd.conf but it gets messed up when starting deluged service. However, that somehow brought back the autoadd tab. Small problem though. The window can't be resized so it's completely useless.
https://imgur.com/a/CKU6sHa
mhertz

Post by mhertz »

Known bug for some, though couldn't reproduce myself, but I made a build with some changes hopefully fixing: viewtopic.php?p=236835#p236835
Vetusiratus
New User
New User

Post by Vetusiratus »

mhertz wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2023 6:46 am Known bug for some, though couldn't reproduce myself, but I made a build with some changes hopefully fixing: viewtopic.php?p=236835#p236835
Thanks, I tried it but didn't work unfortunately. Installed through web UI but it's the same as before.

Ps. Tried manually adding the egg file to the plugins directory, but it made no difference.
mhertz

Post by mhertz »

Thanks for testing, really strange though. Even if dialog not bigger, though indeed should as I hard-coded it to 100% of preceding dialog now, then now too have propper resizing and scroll for you to do manually - these things I do tested myself changed however in my build. It should list v1.9 too(instead of v1.8) in plugin preferences to see new version in effect. BTW, restart deluged/deluge-web and refresh web-browser, after copying plugin in place, when testing, if didn't already. Thanks for testing though :)

You probably now on arch is '/srv/deluge/.config/deluge/plugins' dir by default.
Vetusiratus
New User
New User

Post by Vetusiratus »

Yeah, I restarted everything and the egg file is added to the right directory.

I'll have to look for an alternative to Deluge. Unfortunately all torrent software seems to be broken or bad in some way.
mhertz

Post by mhertz »

Thanks though. Still don't understand why you cannot drag edges higher then, as explicitly supported now, but oh well, presumably bug occurring which completely ignores extjs commands defined and just shows borked widget. Thanks, appreciate feedback as said. BTW, config-file can easily be edited instead of using UI and you made mistake if it gets rewritten(or "messed up" as you say). Hard to fix when cannot reproduce, and I tried regular, docker(two, and in several versions), bunch different resolutions, linux/windows etc etc, to no avail, I mean couldn't reproduce myself. Maybe is browser dependant on second thought too.
Vetusiratus
New User
New User

Post by Vetusiratus »

Is there any documentation on how to edit the config file manually?
mhertz

Post by mhertz »

No, but it's standard json I belive. A single out of place char, e.g space, then will make it be regenerated. I previously posted an example template here: viewtopic.php?p=236846#p236846 - if you need multiple dirs added, and have trouble with formating, then let me know and I'll post you another multi-dir example. Can use GtkUI also BTW, for generating config, as shouldn't be affected.

If I could please ask you for a favor, then if would be possible then if you could please verify that my amended plugin atleast used, by clicking on it in plugin preferences and see if states v1.9 or v1.8, if possible, and test that you cannot drag the widget bigger at top/bottom edge. I posted the changes I made in the submitted bug-ticket about it, and feel little stupid honestly, as apparently made zero change. Just if possible, thanks.

Also, which browser and OS you access WebUI with, and is it qemu or virtualbox(or other) you use for the arch VM, thanks, and do you use a DE on arch, or a WM or headless.
ambipro

Post by ambipro »

ThinClient.