Folders convert into files

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
maddyin65
New User
New User

Folders convert into files

Post by maddyin65 »

I am using deluge on armbian. Recently I have faced issues with torrent which was downloaded to external drive.
All folders downloaded through torrents are getting converted into file when I tried to access it through file explorer while it is still shown as folder when I access it it through terminal. I have formatted hard disk and even reinstalled armbian again but issue still persists. Is there any way to resolve this issue.
shinger
Leecher
Leecher

Re: Folders convert into files

Post by shinger »

Hello maddyin65,

Are you using that external drive for other things also?

If not and you are not using ext4 as filesystem, you could start doing that. Then do a decent mount job through /etc/fstab. If this works as it should be do a

Code: Select all

ls -lha
of that download directory, to see all the information. For example when you do that command you see through the output if something is a file or a directory.

Here a example of how it should look like.

Code: Select all

<USER>@<SYSTEM>:~# ls -lha /etc/ssh
total 544K
drwxr-xr-x  4 root root 4.0K Sep 16 11:48 .
drwxr-xr-x 93 root root 4.0K Oct  1 20:55 ..
-rw-r--r--  1 root root 494K Jul 19 21:41 moduli
-rw-r--r--  1 root root 1.7K Jul 19 21:41 ssh_config
drwxr-xr-x  2 root root 4.0K Jul 19 21:41 ssh_config.d
-rw-r--r--  1 root root 3.2K Jul 19 21:41 sshd_config
drwxr-xr-x  2 root root 4.0K Jul 19 21:41 sshd_config.d
You see
drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 4.0K Jul 19 21:41 ssh_config.d
The d at the beginning is indication that it is a directory. While for example sshd_config has only a - which gives the indication that it is a file.

Also make sure you have first turned off ALL the plugins of Deluge. I know that there is the plugin of auto extract if you download a file.

The terminal is the important one first, later on you can look at what is going on with the file explorer. For example it could be that the file explorer just has the bug. In such case you could install samba and share that whole directory and access it through your network. Off course doing that also needs the necessary configuration (which don't worry i can help you with that also).

Btw, did you already get the latest updates of armbian?
===============================================================
Server: Rock 5B 8 Cores (ARM), 16 GB RAM, 2 TB 970 Evo +
Deluge: v2.1.1
Plugins: Blocklist, LabelPlus, ItConfig, MyScheduler, Stats, Notifications, YaRSS2