Password continuously disappearing

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
jondunc
New User
New User

Password continuously disappearing

Post by jondunc »

I’m using Deluge via WebUI and I’ve now experienced a repeated issue: when I open the settings to make a change, a pop up appears stating that I’ve changed my password.

After that I’ve been unable to login. My old password and the default password won’t work. I’ve uninstalled and reinstalled once, but now it’s happened again. Any advice?
mhertz

Re: Password continuously disappearing

Post by mhertz »

You can reset password by deleting 'pwd_sha1' and 'pwd_salt' in web.conf of deluge profile dir with deluge-web closed(that latter line to delete, unfortunately missed in FAQ entry and other guides/posts).

Anyway, if above password reset not fixed it, then you can try enable debug-logging(probably just need for deluge-web here), and post if anything relevant, but would instead just recommend start over with fresh profile, so with deluge/deluged/deluge-web all stopped, then rename old 'deluge' profile dir to e.g end in '-bak', and start deluge again to get new profile generated, and reconfigure, or copy over one file at a time from old to new profile.

Profile is in '%appdata%\deluge' by default on windows, and on linux one of these usually: '/var/lib/deluge/.config/deluge' , '~/.config/deluge' or '/srv/deluge/.config/deluge'.
jondunc
New User
New User

Re: Password continuously disappearing

Post by jondunc »

Thank you so much! The deletion of those files worked. This time it did not ask for me to overwrite the password, however.