Keep paused torrents paused on start

Specific support for Deluge on Microsoft Windows OS
aaazrthjf
New User
New User

Keep paused torrents paused on start

Post by aaazrthjf »

Hello,

When I start Deluge, it resumes some of the torrents I paused before closing it. How can I keep them always paused?
I use Deluge 1.3.15 on Windows 10, the most recent version available for download. If this version is outdated, what other client can I use for Windows without going through hell to install?

Thank you
mhertz

Re: Keep paused torrents paused on start

Post by mhertz »

I just tested this on deluge 1.3.15 in win10 and couldn't reproduce it, though only tested with adding 2 torrents, pausing them and restarting deluge a couple of times, and where the torrents never switched away from it's paused state. I did those tests twice, once in thin-client mode and another in classic mode, with same result.

I don't suppose you have some plugin enabled which interferres? I'd check with a clean new profile also.

Maybe try upgrading libtorrent to a newer version and see if this helps the issue possibly, curtesy of Nekotan: viewtopic.php?t=55168

Anyway, all I can suggest is obtain debug-logi(to possibly see why resuming happens) and submit bug-ticket to get this looked at propperly.
aaazrthjf
New User
New User

Post by aaazrthjf »

Hello, sorry for making you wait.
I reinstalled and updated to 1.3.15 plus with Nekotan's patch, and it seems to work.
I only tested a couple of times, and as I said, it happened sometimes, so I don't know if it's really fixed. You may consider the issue solved unless I post otherwise in the next few days.
By the way, I didn't use any plugin.

Thank you for your help!
mhertz

Post by mhertz »

Glad to hear it and you're welcome of-course :) I understand though as you said that it could still be an issue, as not all the time, so if it ever happens again, then as said you need obtain debug-logs to send to the dev(s) to get it looked at further, so if happens again you need running with debug-logging enabled all the time, to eventually catch it.

Also, maybe others have better help and experience to offer, as I never myself pause torrents, or e.g use the GUI etc. (except during quick testings)

Anyway, let's hope for the best - good luck :)
imcheel
New User
New User

Post by imcheel »

The download keeps just stopping without me pausing it? I think I need to try other download sites instead of a torrent. What could be causing this? It’s only with this one specific torrent.
Last edited by imcheel on Mon Apr 06, 2020 6:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
aaazrthjf
New User
New User

Post by aaazrthjf »

Hello, I think it happened again...
Sorry, but I don't know how to enable debug-logging for Deluge, could you please tell me how to do that?
mhertz

Post by mhertz »

Sorry to hear it :( Development is slow currently, so you probably need some patience, but here's a copy/paste of a previous reply of mine, I usually repost upon getting that question:
To enable debug-logging for deluge, then copy the following and press: win+r > ctrl+v > return. The log(deluge.log) is saved to your desktop when quiting deluge again and is overwritten on each run also.

Code: Select all

"%programfiles(x86)%\Deluge\deluge.exe" -L debug -l "%userprofile%\Desktop\deluge.log"

You could also edit your deluge-shortcut instead. Note, I edited above copy/paste to have correct path for deluge 1.3.15 I believe, but if wrong or variable don't work, then use your full path there instead. You can also enable same logging for deluged.exe if using such daemon locally too, but then just change the name of logfile in command so both exe's don't try writing to same logfile.