In your Opinion, what is the best Torrent Client and Why?

Shryp
Super Seeder
Super Seeder

Re: In your Opinion, what is the best Torrent Client and Why?

Postby Shryp » Wed Jan 09, 2019 4:09 pm

Obviously it is Deluge. I switched from uTorrent for the client/daemon model as I thought that was better for remote access than the webgui of other clients as well as the open source nature.

shamael
Super Seeder
Super Seeder

Postby shamael » Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:54 am

+1000 Shryp

fuga

Postby fuga » Sun Mar 31, 2019 8:08 pm

I very much wish it was Deluge. uTorrent/Mac is 32-bit and there is no indication they are going to develop a 64-bit version. The next version of macOS will only support 64-bit applications. And even if it comes about it would be full of all that makes current uTorrent suck. qBittorrent is sluggish with my 2000+ torrents. Poor Deluge totally freaks out with those 2000+. I keep hoping the v2 beta becomes a legit/stable release.

So, to answer the question, Transmission is my best client. While uTorrent handles 2000+ torrents it hits resources worse than Transmission. Transmission is as lean as it gets. To make the most of its power requires some learning as compared the more usual GUI seen in the other clients mentioned. But even if the future Deluge does not run as lean, if it can handle my 2000+ I would likely switch as I much prefer it's combination of simplicity and GUI. qBittorrent is just too 'busy'.

I check daily in hopes of seeing either a much improved v1 or the dreamed of v2.

Knem
New User
New User

Postby Knem » Wed May 08, 2019 8:50 am

According to recent Techradar.com review the top 5 best torrent clients for 2019 are qBittorrent, Vuze, Deluge, uTorrent, and BitTorrent. I feel comfortable using Deluge, and in the past I used an old version of uTorrent. My detailed review you can read here.

Return to “Off-topic Discussion”