NordVPN: why I like it + DISCOUNT

Megance
New User
New User
OS or Distro: Windows

NordVPN: why I like it + DISCOUNT

Postby Megance » Mon Jul 09, 2018 11:29 am

Hi. Just wanted to share some thoughts about NordVPN, why I am using it and why you should give it a chance.

1. It is fast. NordVPN has over 4600 servers so you can choose the nearest server to get the maximum speed. Or you can choose whatever you like because the servers are quite rapid and well optimized.

2. It is secure. Nord uses the latest OpenVPN and IKEv2/IPSec protocols (as well as supporting older PPTP and L2PT) with strong encryption. Furthermore, it is based in Panama so out of the 14 eyes jurisdiction and with no data retention laws. It also has a strict zero log policy. Finally, it has built-in Killswitch which kills your entire connection if the connection to Nord is lost.

3. It supports streaming. Thanks to SmartPlay technology you can stream anything you want: from Netflix to iPlayer and Hulu. Furthermore, this technology spoofs DNS (at least I think this is how it works) so you can watch US Netflix while connected to the nearest server to you for maximum speed.

4. It has many nifty features, like CyberSec, DoubleVPN, ad blocking, supports up to 6 devices, supports torrenting, has several browser extensions etc.

All in all, I'm quite happy with Nord and I would recommend it. If anyone wants a good discount you can click here for 77% off which costs you only $2,75 a month for 3 years.

patrickjburt
New User
New User
OS or Distro: Distro

Re: NordVPN: why I like it + DISCOUNT

Postby patrickjburt » Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:44 am

I like it a lot. Wish they had a windows store native app though. Haven’t done much torrenting, but I also haven’t noticed a (real) drop in speed.

patrickjburt
New User
New User
OS or Distro: Distro

Re: NordVPN: why I like it + DISCOUNT

Postby patrickjburt » Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:44 am

Using trail version of PureVPN and comparing both for the speed.

Return to “Off-topic Discussion”