Resume does not work

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
hirak99

Resume does not work

Post by hirak99 »

Hi,

First off, thanks for creating this nice little useful program.

I'm using Deluge for the first time, and facing the following problem:
Resume does not work.
When I was using version 0.5.4, a paused torrent would continue when I'd restart Deluge.

In the hope of this problem being cured, I installed the later version 0.5.5, still it doesn't work. Moreover, in this version it doesn't even start the torrent when I restart Deluge, so a paused torrent is permanently paused.

What should I do?

Regards,
Arnab.
markybob
Compulsive Poster
Compulsive Poster

Re: Resume does not work

Post by markybob »

you should install 0.5.6rc1 (packages at http://download.deluge-torrent.org). furthermore, have you triple-checked the directory where you're downloading it to, to make sure that the permissions didnt change and that you have write access? create a dummy file to be sure. which filesystem are you downloading to? also, are you absolutely certain that you have more free space than the size of the torrent requires?
hirak99

Post by hirak99 »

markybob wrote:you should install 0.5.6rc1 (packages at http://download.deluge-torrent.org). furthermore, have you triple-checked the directory where you're downloading it to, to make sure that the permissions didnt change and that you have write access? create a dummy file to be sure. which filesystem are you downloading to? also, are you absolutely certain that you have more free space than the size of the torrent requires?
I just installed 0.5.6rc1 and it's working perfectly now, thanks.
I didn't install it before as I'm a new linux user and didn't want to move away from the 'well supported' packages in apt-get.

Cheers,
Arnab
markybob
Compulsive Poster
Compulsive Poster

Post by markybob »

hirak99 wrote:
markybob wrote:you should install 0.5.6rc1 (packages at http://download.deluge-torrent.org). furthermore, have you triple-checked the directory where you're downloading it to, to make sure that the permissions didnt change and that you have write access? create a dummy file to be sure. which filesystem are you downloading to? also, are you absolutely certain that you have more free space than the size of the torrent requires?
I just installed 0.5.6rc1 and it's working perfectly now, thanks.
I didn't install it before as I'm a new linux user and didn't want to move away from the 'well supported' packages in apt-get.

Cheers,
Arnab
welcome to the wild side ;)
dr J

Post by dr J »

Well, I'm getting the same problem too, only updating doesn't fix it for me.

My torrents will not resume. At first I had no idea at all why, but then i realized that I set it to be paused at that time with the scheduler plugin (im an idiot). But now i have a problem. I unchecked the scheduler plugin and the torrents flashed to downloading only to go right back to being paused. They will not resume. I even tryed to recheck the plugin and change all the blocks to green (didn't work), and then i unchecked it again (still didn't work). Then I updated to the newest version (5.6) and still nothing.

Oh, and I also know the place where the torrents go do have permission and enough space. Downloading with Bittorrent to the same place works, so I know it Deluge :(

Any ideas?
markybob
Compulsive Poster
Compulsive Poster

Post by markybob »

did you check your max active torrents number in the downloads tab in preferences? do you have "stop seeding once torrent reaches ratio" setting used? did you try restarting the client after unloading the scheduler?
dr J

Post by dr J »

hehe, found the problem. The max active torrents number was set to 0. I can't believe I missed that. It was staring right in front of me. Must of set to 0 when i tried to set it to 10.

Thanks markybob