Deluge Just BANNED on HDBits

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
CasbahBoy
New User
New User

Re: Deluge Just BANNED on HDBits

Post by CasbahBoy »

synonym24 wrote:Now Deluge 0.5.8.9 is also banned an the private tracker wreckingcrew.hopto.org! The explanation of one of the admins was "deluge phones home". Is this true?

I've also checked the other clients in the provided link, all are banned! At least those which are listed in there list.
A private tracker I know of banned Deluge for the period of time that it had the anonymizing browser feature, since it involved revealing the tracker to an untrustable third party if the client was configured as such - but since that was removed, it doesn't 'phone home' or do anything else similar to that.
synonym24
New User
New User

Post by synonym24 »

Where can I turn off the anonymizing browser?
loki

Post by loki »

synonym24 wrote:Where can I turn off the anonymizing browser?
Anonymizing browser is long gone.
Badseed

Post by Badseed »

I am not a member at HDBits, but I read at a forum somewhere that they use to ban all deprecated versions of torrent clients (including u, Az etc). So probably when Deluge got reverted back to 8.7 and you downgraded, you found yourself using a banned version. And, johnny is right, there's no such thing as a "cheating" piece of open source software.
aqtrans

Post by aqtrans »

Badseed wrote:I am not a member at HDBits, but I read at a forum somewhere that they use to ban all deprecated versions of torrent clients (including u, Az etc). So probably when Deluge got reverted back to 8.7 and you downgraded, you found yourself using a banned version. And, johnny is right, there's no such thing as a "cheating" piece of open source software.
Well there CAN be a cheating piece of OSS, but it wouldn't be the smartest thing to do since anyone could look at the source. :P
The only troubles with Deluge on any of the private sites I've is on BitMeTV, where they didn't allow 0.5.8.9 for a while, but that is because they test the clients before allowing any new version.
Ibslice

Post by Ibslice »

Yes I do quite a bit of testing (as do the members) on bmtv. Deluge has been progressing nicely. Memory leaks have been fixed and it now uses less resources than it used to. There was a bug I did report earlier but sadly it did not get a favourable response from the initial staff post here - even tough I do agree it was a minor bug.
I do have a couple of concerns still re: Deluge 5.8.9.
1. Ratio driven sites. It still seems to report an incorrect download amount - generally from 5% to 25% and for a ratio driven site - that can sadly be a killer for some members accounts
2. Also (now this is more due to it being open source). It is very easy to cheat with. I reported the cheating factor to the developer here via pm as I decided a public post would not be in the best interest of sites or the client. Hopefully some kind of extra checking code can be added to try and combat what I showed him or an aknowledgement that the pm was recieved. It is possibly many people are taking advantage of this and this is what is causing sites to ban the client.

I'll continue to keep testing this and other clients and see how it progresses.

Keep up the good work :)
lvm
Seeder
Seeder

Post by lvm »

Badseed wrote:Cmon, the problem isn't that bad, it has to do with about 5-10% max on the actual download, and it doesn't affect all users/systems AFAIK. It's not that tragic, but maybe enough for trigger-happy tracker admins to ban the client.
5-10%? Ahem. I've also noticed the unexpectedly high ratios in UI, now I've ran a quick check on recently added torrents (the highest ratio is 101 - wow!) and found out that according to deluge this week I've uploaded 8-9 times more than theoretically possible. Somehow I doubt that my ISP sneakingly increased my bandwidth. On the other hand I never seen unexpectedly high stats on the server side, so I treated this as a harmless client bug.
avpap

Post by avpap »

Deluge banned for GOOD!!!! All version are banned now because of bad stats!