Deluge 0.5.8.8

Specific support for Deluge on Microsoft Windows OS
copystring

Deluge 0.5.8.8

Post by copystring »

Hi, i just updated to version 0.5.8.8 and since that my deluge crashed on each start. i delted the folder "C:\Users\Username\deluge" and uninstalled deluge and deleted the folder after that. i had to end dbus-daemon-deluge.exe with my taskmanager tho, tried this 3 times it never closed when i closed deluge.

running on vista x64 service pack1

EDIT: when deluge is empty it runs fine, as soon i add 1 torrent i get the same error.
Chowder

Re: Deluge 0.5.8.8

Post by Chowder »

Same problem here, deleting "C:\Users\Username\deluge" didn't help, crashing as soon as a torrent is added. I'm running Vista Home Premium 32 bit without SP1 (not yet released in Dutch).
Petty

Post by Petty »

Same here when i start deluge it works but when i add a new torrent it crashes please help me. Thanks.
bachok83

Post by bachok83 »

yeah me too... deluge can start, but crashes when adding new torrent

hmm.. sad. any reason?
Petty

Post by Petty »

Where I can find older version of Deluge ? Please tell me.
johnnyg
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Post by johnnyg »

Petty wrote:Where I can find older version of Deluge ? Please tell me.
http://download.deluge-torrent.org/windows/
Tox

Post by Tox »

I doubt you need more information on this bug, but I'll go ahead and provide some more anyways.

When I first installed the new version of deluge (I let the installer handle the uninstalling), I couldn't start it. I deleted the persistent-file in the deluge folder, and now starting it worked just fine... However all the buttons had [x]'s where there should be images. As with everyone else in this thread, it crashed as soon as I added a torrent.

I'm running XP Pro SP2 at the moment. Good luck on fixing the bugs.
Stacks

Post by Stacks »

Deluge 0.5.8.8 crashes when I add torrents with XP x64 as well.
Suomynona.Eno

Post by Suomynona.Eno »

v0.5.8.7 works fine on my XP Pro comp and my gf's Vista Home Prem 32b comp. However on hers, I discovered that it got back to the old "dbus-daemon-deluge.exe stuck at quit for some time" syndrome but no other biggie than that. No crashes or anything, it's just that it'll show there on the task manager for some time after quits before it'll go away. Speeds are excellent on both machines and both can deal decent (by my country's shitty ISP standards of course) u/l speeds close to 90% of rated 512 upstream at 35-47kb/s average.

I checked out 0.5.8.8 yesterday when I was at my gf's place and unfortunately have to add to the same issues found by other posters here:-
- Missing icons for some buttons on the main interface at post installation's start up.

- Immediate crash right after that for normal program (client) launches.