Column order doesn't save

Specific support for Deluge on Microsoft Windows OS
Column

Column order doesn't save

Post by Column »

Hi!

Is there a way to save the column order/size when you restart the client? Everytime I restart the GTK the columns rearrange/resize themselves.

I'm using Deluge on a Windows 7 computer. And I use the Deluge GTK client. I've tried it both with and without classic mode on.
Cas
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Re: Column order doesn't save

Post by Cas »

Try removing 'torrentview.state' from your config and if that doesn't work try removing entire config.
emrecnl
New User
New User

Post by emrecnl »

Cas wrote:Try removing 'torrentview.state' from your config and if that doesn't work try removing entire config.
I can confirm this didn't work under Linux.
I deleted 'torrentview.state' file, launched deluge, rearranged/resized columns and closed it. It again created a 'torrentview.state' file next time I launch deluge it didn't recognise colum sizes.
edit: Seems like it's remembering column order and sizes except ETA. I have a huge ETA column taking space for no reason.
Deluge Host: Ubuntu Server 14.04.03 amd64
Deluge Clients: Windows 7 x64 & Linux Mint 17.2 Cinnamon amd64
ruindd
New User
New User

Post by ruindd »

I had this same problem. I tried deleting torrent view.state and my entire deluge folder that's within ~/.config but neither worked.

What ended up working was not putting any of the newly added columns in last position. For me, I wanted to add a "Save Path" column. If I ordered that column all the way to the right, the column layout wouldn't save. If I put it in the middle, it would save.

Try playing with the order of columns to see if you can get it to save your layout. Might not be perfect, but better than being stuck with the default layout.