Autoadd torrents not working

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
BloomingNutria

Autoadd torrents not working

Post by BloomingNutria »

Hi,

I am running Deluge 1.3.3 on Xubuntu 11.10, and I cannot get the auto add torrents setting to work (screenshot attached). I check the box, click "apply," but it doesn't work. Also, if I close the settings window and reopen immedately (without restarting Deluge), the box will be unchecked again. I tried opening Deluge as root in a terminal and the same thing happens.

Up until a week ago everything was working fine, but I had to reinstall my whole system due to hard drive issues and now I am having this problem. I don't know what version I was running then, but I actually would like to go back a couple releases (can I do that?), because I've had a couple other minor glitches in the past few months as well.

I did see a two other posts where people were having similar issues with the auto add feature, but I could not find a fix. One post suggested that it was the Firefox settings using the wrong program to open the torrent fioles, but that is not my problem. If I had that problem as well I'd have two dialog boxes popping up--one in frefox and one in Deluge. When I click on a torrent file, Firefox does download it and automatically open Deluge, but then Deluge makes me add it.

I could really use some help with this. Incidentally, I'm rather new to Linux, so I'd appreciate it if those responding could kerep that in mind. :)

[IMG=http://img713.imageshack.us/img713/4351/screenshotdeluge.png][/IMG]
Cas
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Re: Autoadd torrents not working

Post by Cas »

BloomingNutria wrote: I actually would like to go back a couple releases
The latest version is 1.3.5 (available in PPA) and these version increments fix a lot of bugs so it would be very foolish to go backwards in versions. Before proceeding any further you should upgrade Deluge to this latest stable version from the PPA. Also the latest version of libtorrent is 0.15.10 (0.15.9 in PPA) which again fixes critical bugs.
BloomingNutria wrote:I cannot get the auto add torrents setting to work (screenshot attached). I check the box, click "apply," but it doesn't work.
If this issue still persists after upgrading more info will be required as that is not a bug ever reported before so if you could enable logging as per the FAQ to see if an errors are being logged. Are you using the config from the old deluge version?
BloomingNutria wrote:When I click on a torrent file, Firefox does download it and automatically open Deluge, but then Deluge makes me add it.
The is separate to the above issue, you need to goto to the Interface tab and under Add Torrent Dialog untick Always Show.
BloomingNutria

Post by BloomingNutria »

Thank you, I forgot about the check box under the interface tab. Checking it allowed the settings under the downloads tab to be saved. Working fine now.

Would you mind pointing me toward more information about the "critical bugs" the new releases fixed? I appreciate security issues, but honestly, as a user I care more about my experience with the software than the fixing of bugs I didn't even notice. And in the past two releases, my experience has gotten worse. I don't think it is at all foolish to want to go back to software I never had a problem with.
Cas
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Post by Cas »

BloomingNutria wrote: And in the past two releases, my experience has gotten worse.
Deluge 1.3 was released 2 years ago and the subsequent 1.3.x releases have only contained bug fixes.
negor
New User
New User

Post by negor »

I'm also have the same problem. How to fix it?
ovehendrix
New User
New User

Post by ovehendrix »

The same problem here. The only warning I get when starting the daemon is:

Code: Select all

[WARNING ] 04:53:18 config:361 Unable to open config file /var/lib/deluge/.config/deluge/hostlist.conf.1.2: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/var/lib/deluge/.config/deluge/hostlist.conf.1.2'
Is it fixable or do someone have a workaround?
Cas
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Post by Cas »

Please enable debug logging for both gtk and daemon, also instead of saying 'me too' explain which issue you seeing.
ovehendrix
New User
New User

Post by ovehendrix »

Sorry about that Cas.

I'm using Linux Mint 14 with Deluge daemon and Web UI 1.3.5. Followed this guide and everything work perfect including flexget/rss except the autoadd problem.

The autoadd .torrent files from folder is checked in preference->downloads but doesn't work after pressing apply and ok.

Warning logs:

Code: Select all

ove@arnold ~ $ cat /var/log/deluge/daemon/warning.log 
[ERROR   ] 04:53:17 authmanager:140 Your auth file is malformed: Incorrect number of fields!
ove@arnold ~ $ cat /var/log/deluge/web/warning.log 
[WARNING ] 04:53:18 config:361 Unable to open config file /var/lib/deluge/.config/deluge/hostlist.conf.1.2: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/var/lib/deluge/.config/deluge/hostlist.conf.1.2'
Last edited by ovehendrix on Sun Jan 06, 2013 1:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cas
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Post by Cas »

Are you able to record a screencast as I don't fully understand the issue. If you could also test with a clean config.
ovehendrix
New User
New User

Post by ovehendrix »

The first torrent i put in the autoadd folder loads, but not the second one (or third ...). This is with clean config.

Screencast