GUI freezes after deleting a torrent

Specific support for Deluge on Microsoft Windows OS
phuzz

GUI freezes after deleting a torrent

Post by phuzz »

Had this bug since 0.5.8.4, on both XP SP2 and now Vista 64. (still getting it on 0.5.8.5 and 6 as well)
When I delete a torrent from the list by right clicking the torrent in the main view and selecting delete (doesn't matter if you delete torrent file, or downloaded file or both), the main GUI freezes (although downloads seem to continue in the background). Hiding/Unhiding makes no change, client has to be restarted to see that the file has been deleted.
Rleated to this, if you have four torrents named A, B, C & D, in the main view they are displayed as

Code: Select all

A
B
C
D
Right click on B, delete.
the gui then freezes and still displays:

A
B
C
D
but in the background, or when the gui is working properly the list looks like:

A
C
D
So, when I right click on what I see as C, I'm actually dealing with D.

I think I might be having the same problem as Bzzz here
phuzz

Re: GUI freezes after deleting a torrent

Post by phuzz »

Update:
Pausing the torrent before deleting it does not trigger the bug.

(I'll test with 0.5.8.7 tonight.)
cayyell
New User
New User

Post by cayyell »

I'm still facing GUI freezes even in 0.5.9 anyone got solution? or just my machine problem?
kriskris

Post by kriskris »

I have the same problem running deluge on linux (ubuntu 8.04). For me, this started after I started using the flexrss plugin. Btw, sometimes the gui refreshes when I pause/resume a (any) torrent in the list.
phuzz

Post by phuzz »

I'm still getting this one. Did I mention the graph stops moving as well? Although every time I click on a different torrent the graph moves on my a notch, so by hitting the up/down keys to toggle between two torrents the graph will scroll along.
And a new wrinkle I've just discovered, right clicking and selecting 'Force Re Check' (whilst the list is hung) will remove working torrents with no warning dialog, but won't get rid of the one torrent I tried to remove.