Newbie question regarding connected seeds and peers

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
mystikmc

Newbie question regarding connected seeds and peers

Post by mystikmc »

Hi,

Deluge appears to be able to download and upload correctly, but I'm seeing some odd behavior that I don't understand. Things seem to be a lot slower than I'm used to with utorrent, and I'm trying to figure out why.

One thing I've noticed is a number of seeding torrents that are showing up with some odd numbers in Peers column. I'm seeing

Seeders Peers
0(40) 0(16)
0(221) 0(80)
etc

Nothing is being uploaded, even though there are peers in the swarm. It seems that even though there are more Seeders out there, I should still be used as an upload source sometimes.

Is there a reason I'm not connecting to the seeders and peers in the swarm?

Thanks for any help.
loki

Re: Newbie question regarding connected seeds and peers

Post by loki »

If you are on a private tracker, are you sure the site hasn't blocked or banned Deluge as a client somehow?
Or, are you trying to connect to a private only torrent that you are not a member of?

Also, please be aware that Deluge only uses one tracker at a time if you are on a torrent that has multiple trackers is likely only one will be used.
mystikmc

Post by mystikmc »

So, some additional information:

I tried the exact same torrent using utorrent, and immediately connected to the swarm and started uploading, while the torrent on deluge was sitting idle. I am certain that the tracker is not blocking Deluge; it's allowed as a supported client on this private tracker, and this is a torrent with only one tracker.

Clearly, there's something wrong with my deluge config, but I have no idea what it is. I believe that all the ports are open correctly on my firewall.

One additional thing I saw is that peers appear to start connecting, but nothing gets sent out by me, so they eventually just disconnect.

If anyone has any ideas on what I can try, I would really appreciate it! Thanks.
loki

Post by loki »

Does the site list you as connectible? A lot of times private sites like or prefer everyone to be connectible... if not this could point to port or firewall not configured properly.
Also make sure that the port you set for Deluge you are not trying to use for anything else at the same time.
Symbiot

Post by Symbiot »

did you ever find the reason for this.. I am seeing the same thing.