Memory leak?

Specific support for Deluge on Microsoft Windows OS
sukara
New User
New User

Memory leak?

Post by sukara »

I'm running Windows 7 x64 with Deluge 1.2.1 and when I'm downloading a couple files at a time my memory gets maxed out at 4GB. If I close Deluge it goes back down to 1.5GB over the period of about 15 seconds. If I pause all downloads it goes down too. I understand that downloading takes memory, however I don't believe it should max out my 4GB.

The weird part is it doesn't show up in the task manager or the resource monitor.

Here are two screenshots of my computer while deluge is downloading.

http://img355.imageshack.us/i/29652760.jpg/

And then after I pause all downloads. (even with photoshop running now)

http://img36.imageshack.us/i/57330704.jpg/
loki

Re: Memory leak?

Post by loki »

This is odd seeing as it doesn't show an obvious usage of all that memory in the task manager.

Since it goes back to normal after you pause all torrents I'm thinking check and see how much the cache is set at in Deluge as any possibility that I can think of... although thinking this should still show in the task manager.
sukara
New User
New User

Post by sukara »

UPDATE:

Even when i'm just seeding 4 or so files, my memory was maxed at 99%. It takes a long time for it to get up to 4GB, but it does. still didn't show in task manager and as soon as i closed the program my memory went to 1GB.
My cache size (16 KiB blocks): 512
Cache expiry (seconds): 60.

Ill try to get a screen cap of the cache page next time it happens.
sukara
New User
New User

Post by sukara »

Ok, I took a screen cap of it again. As you can see i have a lot of seed slots however I only have 8 active.

sukara
New User
New User

Post by sukara »

I've seeded more than this in the past and it hasn't been a problem. Its only seemed to appear in this version, 1.2.1
sukara
New User
New User

Post by sukara »

Nothing?
Monsoon

Post by Monsoon »

I'm using Windows7 32bit and Deluge 1.2.1 and I've also been getting a memory leak that maxes out my available ram. I'm going to try upgrading to 1.2.2 just in case it was fixed.
sukara
New User
New User

Post by sukara »

I tried installing the new 1.2.2 but I couldn't get it to start. The command window would pop up for a split second then disappear. Could get deluged.exe to run, but not deluge.exe. reinstalled 1.2.1 and it started up just fine.
sukara
New User
New User

Post by sukara »

I'll try the new 'method' to install it as well as download the latest installer and try it again.
sukara
New User
New User

Post by sukara »

No go. I got 1.2.2 to install correctly, however the memory leak is still there.